Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

PVP.net has detected a disconnect from ejabberd.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kolo1

01-15-2010

Hi everyone , I m french and we got the same problem on Lol-europe client but, with some nice players with found a solution.
Its around 01:00 morning here so i go sleep, but i will come back tomorrow to give you a translation of the solution.
I think it will be done at last in 14/15h since the moment i post this.
I hope our solution would be yours too!

See you soon.

Kolo1

01-16-2010

So i m back later then annonced.

So the solution we find is easy to do, i give you the short part :

Launch Lol , then launch a training for fixing the pb.
Alt+ Tab
go to DOS command (cmd)
then write "netstat -b"
Note on a paper all the port number who got Lol in the text, i m talking about the first column numbers, should all be TCP i think.
Then go to your "box" or router or modem and open all this ports , i said all the port you noted not only the 3/4 ports recommanded by Lol.
Then it should be ok.
We are several to got the bug fixed this way.

Hope it help.

Feizhu

Recruiter

01-22-2010

Quote:
kelidus:
OK I found a simple work around if you discover that your router is the issue. Simply make sure that you're getting a static IP from your router (in your network settings, just tell it what IP address to use). Then go into your router's configuration and setup DMZ on your computer's local IP. This will route all unknown traffic to your computer, which will fix all the LoL problems. Though there is a reprocussion, doing this takes your computer off the NAT and leaves it succeptable to hackers. This is a temporary fix for me as I'll be trying to figure out a more secure approach, but for now it works perfectly.

Does not work all the time. I have a static IP from my router and I am on the DMZ and I still get these errors. I have tried to open the suggested ports and still get these errors. I even tried opening from port 1 ~ 65100. Yea... eff ejabberd get a new chat protocal.

Mandraix

01-23-2010

Having this issue as well, exactly as described as many before me, I am an Embarq user and this is not the first game in which it's given me issues. I recall there being an issue with static IP addresses with this ISP that resulted in not being able to host in WC3 despite a configured router, and having NAT issues.

Vace

Recruiter

01-25-2010

Hi, I'm from Turkey. I tried all the port forward things but it is not working. Then I tried Europe server. Euroka! It is working, ports are still forwarding but I dont think it is because of ports.

Sorry about my acc, but now I can see the stat screen...

Good LoLing,

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

01-27-2010

The pvp.net client crashes when viewing profile and allways after the games it is waiting for the stats and crashing back to windows with error, game worked fine on laptop at friends house, now on desktop not working satisfactively

laptop-64bit win7 wireless

desktop-32bit winXp direct connect to linksys router

will updates and compile information if laptop fails on wireless router as well, this would show it is the router and not the personal computer's

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

01-27-2010

There isn't currently a fix for the Ejabbard disconnect.

Ejabbard is the system that handles the chat and communication between the servers. For whatever reason it likes to kick people, especially if you go idle for more than a few minutes. This doesn't effect everyone, but those of us it effects its frustrating. Riot is looking into the issue and trying to get a fix for it as soon as possible, but as of right now you just need ride it out.

Tansen

01-28-2010

Just wanted to add that I am having the same issues as well and am using Embarq DSL as my ISP.

Being idle for the 20 seconds from end game to the stat page(which I rarely if ever get to see) almost always makes me have to reboot the launcher. Going to the profile page or store and waiting for the unknown error boxes to crop up and closing them quickly will sometimes let me get another game in before restarting the launcher, but I never get more than 2 games completed before I get the "your session has expired" kiss of death. I never get dropped from an active game, however I do get the session expired message during champ select on occaision and have to restart the launcher and join a new game.

RaginHomoSapien

Recruiter

01-28-2010

Yeah. Just wanted to update. I have two pc's on a linksys router and they both have the same issue described by so many. I don't even know what embarq is.

The problem is not an extreme hinderance, it does not limit gameplay too much. The main issue is when it crashes while shopping/summoner profile/etc. Also when you crash after winning a game you cannot "play again" with the same group, which is fun!!!

In other words, this problem is not a "kiss of death". but the developers need to fix it because it will be sure to frustrate a lot of future customers in the future!

thanks for the wonderful game!!!

Jesse Perring

Recruiter

01-28-2010

Recently, some players have resolved this issue by disabling an IM blocking service on their router. You may want to check if that situation may apply to you, although, I don't know the specific name of the service or router; it's something the manufacturer would know.

Embarq is an ISP that has a history of problems connecting to our game for unknown reasons. I'll try looking into it again.