Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Champion Suggestion] - Gressive: King of the Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginobli

10-11-2010

As I am interested in Game Design, and hope to pursue game development jobs in the future, I have decided to start putting a few Champion Concepts together. I look forward to hearing any feedback you may have on this, positive or negative although I ask you please do not flame without intelligent reasoning.

Champion Concept –
Gressive – King of the Jungle

This Champ is what I like to call The Primate of Initiate. His character model would be that of a Gorilla. I forsee him being a strong jungler, focused mainly on tanking.

Passive – Gressive gains increased attack and move speed while at home in the Jungle.

Foul Breath – Gressive breathes on enemies(cone) applying Damage Over Time as the stench wears off(we all know what primates tend to eat….). Leveling this skill increases DoT and Mana Cost.

Dominance – Gressive establishes dominance by slamming the ground, dealing damage to all enemies directly around him. This ability applies a debuff(Inferiority) when hit by it, decreasing armor and magic resist for enemies by 2.5%(max 4 stacks). Debuff expires after 5 seconds. Cooldown at max level ~3.5 seconds. Leveling this skill decreases the cooldown and increases the Mana Cost and and Damage.

Wild Leap – Gressive uses instincts to leap towards the canopy. Upon landing, Gressive slows and damages all enemies within his landing zone, as well as himself for (1/1.33/1.66/2 seconds). Leveling this skill increases mana cost and damage as well as the slow period(above). This spell is intended to have a lengthy cooldown.

Ultimate – Call of the Wild – Gressive beats his chest and howls a battle cry, causing all enemies in earshot to run in fear for short period of time(1.5/1.75/2 seconds). Leveling this spell decreases cooldown and increases the mana cost and fear time as stated above.
** I have debated adding extra fear time or restructuring the skill to be based on the number of Inferiority debuffs an enemy champion has, but I worry that it would make the skill too strong, or too complicated.

I have no background in game design, so my percentages and durations may be somewhat off balance.

As I said earlier, responding in the form of “that skill is SO OP/UP, wtfbbq” won’t really help my case, let me know what to tweak to make the skill more appropriate.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.
-Dean

nyttyn

10-11-2010

Seems like a gank-heavy jungler, whose skills don't really contribute to his jungling.

Ginobli

10-11-2010

Quote:
nyttyn:
Seems like a gank-heavy jungler, whose skills don't really contribute to his jungling.

Two AoE skills seems sufficient for bringing down a pack of jungle creeps along with the buffs from his passive.

aTeIEYbkU9G4XxRT

10-11-2010

I like the Idea of a Gorilla hero in General.

The slow provided by his Wild Leap looks interesting due to the fact that it also slows him as well.

I would really enjoy playing this champ as I'm into generally tanky heros and I enjoy jungling.

Add some lore imo, that may get some people more excited.

PoeticDreams

Banned

10-11-2010

The idea of a gorilla is good, but many of the skills you suggest already exist. You just made a better version of them ( Ex : Jax's leap, Annie's firebreath...) . And as I see the way your hero acts, Warwick will stay the best jungling champion.

Ginobli

10-12-2010

Quote:
PoeticDreams:
The idea of a gorilla is good, but many of the skills you suggest already exist. You just made a better version of them ( Ex : Jax's leap, Annie's firebreath...) . And as I see the way your hero acts, Warwick will stay the best jungling champion.

Jax's leap doesn't slow jax - it also requires a target to be cast.
Annies Cone doesnt do Damage over time.

Although they look the same they are actually quite different.

Warwick may stay the "best" jungling champion, although he doesn't really fill the role of a tank.

MegaBlasterMan

10-12-2010

warwick is not the best jungler XO

rest0

10-12-2010

Cooldowns are too low on most of his abilities. That would made this guy to be able to spam W , E and R in teamfights as hell , just by wearing a cooldown reduction item/runes. The period would be like udyr abilities, and I guess W seems pretty OP with that cooldown, and even reducing it while you level it.
But out of the cooldowns, everything seems ok, good abilities, he'd be able to jungle

Ginobli

10-13-2010

Quote:
rest0:
Cooldowns are too low on most of his abilities. That would made this guy to be able to spam W , E and R in teamfights as hell , just by wearing a cooldown reduction item/runes. The period would be like udyr abilities, and I guess W seems pretty OP with that cooldown, and even reducing it while you level it.
But out of the cooldowns, everything seems ok, good abilities, he'd be able to jungle

I understand that spammable abilities would be bad. I didn't define in values the cooldowns for E or R but I did state that E(Wild Leap) would be a lengthy cooldown.

Ginobli

10-18-2010

Bump for feedback.