Map hack

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sihdartha

12-06-2012

I hear many times on global chat, ppl blaming about map hack, is that possible?? actually on my last game was a caitlyn that ultimate my team on our jungle with out ward, so i have many dudes about this Map hack, maybe this new patch allow some developer to do programs that allow you to do this kind of things ( have vision to all map - double flash), can you Riot investigate it please.

TY
Worried Player

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

No. I'm 99.99% sure a maphack for League doesn't exist. There must have been a ward, or you walked on top of a Caitlyn trap or something. A maphack wouldn't allow you to cast a targeted spell, anyway. The infinite flash thing was a glitch with masteries that was (quickly) fixed.

Here's what a maphack does:

It reveals the enemy team on the map, whether you should be able to see them or not.

Here's what a maphack doesn't:

It doesn't allow you to target a unit you shouldn't be able to target. I can't cast Caitlyn ult on a hero I can see in the jungle because of a maphack. This is because the server doesn't think you can see them, so it won't allow you to target them - even if you can see them on your side.

Jonheath291

12-06-2012

See this fiddle I was playing against said he had it.

I was playing teemo and using my camoflauge and he would come near me, stop and then ulti right on top of me. There were no wards, he didnt have oracle or any other item that would have shown me on the map. My team, who are veterans in this game (and friends) said he must have that map hack. So yea.... it is annoying with AoE skills :/

Edit: And when I tried reporting him for it, I noticed there was not a report option for hackers.... da hell?

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-06-2012

Why would League have an option to report hackers? That would them be openly admitting their game is so easily hackable there needs to be an option to report them.

That said, I won't believe in maphacks until you find me a maphack I can personally install and use, which I doubt is going to happen.

Elefes

12-06-2012

Teemo guy: he must've seen you on the minimap, maybe you were in range of some minions or distand ward. If you didn't have oracles yourself, don't be so sure that he didn't notice your 'trap'. Some ults (Morgana's, for example) become active (i.e. clickable) when there's stealthed enemy nearby. Dont' play FIddle, so not sure.

Pr0jectseph

12-06-2012

Maybe an ability was cast that let Cait see you.

I have had it before.

Time a lux ult (for vision) and send in caits ult.

RQDora

12-06-2012

Believe it or not, usually your mind can identify through anticipation and instincts if someone is hiding in a bush or not. It is very annoying for other players that when I play Fid or Nidalee, if I have them repeat an action that they had already done twice, I will know when and where it is coming from. It is not a sure thing but I usually get it correct 80% of the time. Hence very rarely going negative in games. http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/35211550#profile
All I can say is try and anticipate what someone is going to do.

kidwithhouse

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonheath291 View Post
Edit: And when I tried reporting him for it, I noticed there was not a report option for hackers.... da hell?
if "hacking" was a report option it would be supremely abused. when people can't explain why they're losing: hacking.

starlesss

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidwithhouse View Post
if "hacking" was a report option it would be supremely abused. when people can't explain why they're losing: hacking.
but now sindse theres no option if some1 maneged to hack it you cant report it and have to wait till a gm feels like cheking your forum post (no offence on any gm's tho)

adc

Master Recruiter

12-07-2012

Actually, you can report a player through the support ticket feature in the support area of the site. Might take a few days, but it'll probably be faster than the tribunal anyway.

Again, Riot adding the option to report for hacking would do two things. First, it would open up abuse. Second, and more importantly, it would them be openly admitting their game is hackable. Their game is serverbased - would you admit that your servers were hackable?