does riot ban accounts by ip?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

havikryan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

jsut had a match with an trolling eve with revive and smite

pls say they do ban by ip because this wil solve trolls going on smurfs and doing stuf like that.

Phatts

10-11-2010

Probably doesn't work like that, they would lose alot of potential customers in family members of houses and stuff if they did that.

Just because your son is a ****** doesn't mean you should be banned.....coming from a dad.....lol.....

Ausum

10-11-2010

They don't normally do IP bans

Milkshakes00

10-11-2010

And besides, do you realize how easy it is to mask/change your IP?

Heck, some internet service providers do it FOR you every time you restart your connection.

Nyst

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

They went even with revive and smite to try and force someone to drop so they dont get the whole 5 min of no game.

Easiest thing to do is report them and then drop queue. Yeah, you get a 5 min debuff, but you dont have to deal with them. If its a ranked game (I think you lose rating for queue dodging with that..) then just play the game and report them for trolling. its all you can really do.

Omniphage

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatts View Post
Probably doesn't work like that, they would lose alot of potential customers in family members of houses and stuff if they did that.

Just because your son is a ****** doesn't mean you should be banned.....coming from a dad.....lol.....
yes, it does.

your job: parenting!

Mhm916

10-11-2010

I don't think its that hard to detect if you see the same IP address keep making multiple accounts one after another that coincidentally links to them being trolls. In this other game I use to play, every new account you made to hack in it/grief/anything bad etc etc, the GMs will "always" know right off the bat the moment you do it because they're keeping a watch out for that specific IP address and strange activities dealing with it. Then following up with the bans.

Though not sure if Riot can or will do this though.

havikryan

10-11-2010

so does this mean i can just make smurf accounts and ruin up someone else his games so i can go like hey guys this my smurf so rofl im leaving GG right?.............

Mhm916

10-11-2010

Though if someone has that much time to invest all their time in stupid things to ruin other people's time, they already have enough punishment. Though their punishment isn't in game, it's IRL. Must be pretty sad in order for them to have that much free time to invest into such stupid things.

Boreall

10-11-2010

If they banned everybody with Influence points, they'd make no money.