Tazi, the Starlight Avenger (Dec. MCCC entry)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Espy Psyche

12-05-2012

Tazi, the Starlight Avenger

Appearance: Tazi wears white robes adorned with purple accents. He has blonde hair that reaches his collar and a short blonde beard. He carries a staff with a hollow cross at the head and a gem in the center of the cross. His auto attack fires a holy bolt from the staff's gem.

Lore: Many years ago, Demacian spellcasters built a spire to reach out to the stars for their power. The spire trickled star power into a focal point, but the experiment never panned out for them. They left the spire abandoned and moved on.

A common criminal, with no knowledge of magic, came along and found the spire abandoned and claimed it as his own. He used it as a base of operations for his crimes. He aspired to kidnap people for ransom, and Laurena Spiritmight was his first kidnapping victim, a pregnant noble woman worth a lot of money to her husband. While Laurena was held there, the light of a supernova reached Runeterra. Being imprisoned at the focus of a star spire put Laurena and her unborn child in perfect position to absorb its power. The supernova's power flooded into her night after night while the supernova was visible, but this power did not give her the strength to break her bonds and so the kidnapper did not notice.

What the kidnapper failed to account for was that Devian Spiritmight was a Demacian military commander and thus had access to a lot of military force and intelligence. The scouts determined where Laurena was being held, and so Devian and his legion stormed the spire and cut the kidnapper down. Laurena was rescued, and two months later she had her baby Tazi.

As Tazi aged, it quickly became known that he had great magical power. His power seemed much like a holy or solar caster's, but was still different. The College of Magic could not decipher it, but they could encourage his power and help him train it. Eventually someone calculated the supernovas against Laurena's imprisonment in the spire, and then it became clear where the power came from.

Tazi Spiritmight was taught tactics to lead soldiers like his father Devian, but his magic gave him an advantage. The power to heal soldiers in the midst of battle is the greatest ability any leader can ever possess. King Jarvan III knew Tazi would prove even stronger as a champion, and thus he was inducted to fight for Demacia on the Fields of Justice.

Innate – Shining Stars: Tazi's non-ultimate abilities generate Shining Stars when cast. Tazi gains 1/2/3/4/5/6 Ability Power for every Shining Star he has. Shining Stars cap at 12.

Q – Brilliant Smite: Tazi smites an enemy for 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.75 per Ability Power) magic damage. If this ability strikes a target afflicted by Divine Flame, Tazi heals himself for 30% of the damage dealt, and its cooldown is reduced to 1 second.

Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 mana
Cooldown: 9 seconds
Range: 650

W – Divine Flame: Tazi bathes an enemy in divine fire, dealing 75/115/155/195/235 (+0.8 per Ability Power) magic damage over 4 seconds.

Cooldown: 15 seconds
Mana Cost: 60/70/80/90/100 mana

E – Starlight Shield: Tazi shields himself or a targeted ally for 80/120/160/200/240 (+0.6 per Ability Power) for 4 seconds. While this shield holds, the shielded ally gains 20% movement speed.

Range: 800
Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 mana
Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10 seconds

R – Gift of the Stars: Tazi releases all his saved star power in a line at long range. Allies caught in the blast take 100/200/300 (+0.5 per Ability Power) healing, while enemies caught in the blast take 100/200/300 (+0.8 per Ability Power) magic damage. Shining Stars consumed by this attack's cost do not count towards Tazi's Ability Power for this attack.

Cost: 12 Shining Stars
Cooldown: 1 second
Range: 3000

Base Stats:

Health: 375 (+70)
Health Regen: 4.5 (+0.55)
Mana: 270 (+70)
Mana Regen: 7.0 (+0.7)
Range: 550
Attack Damage: 49 (+3)
Attack Speed: 0.629 (+2.11%)
Armor: 8 (+3.8)
Magic Resist: 30
Movement Speed: 335

Note: Champions' base movement speeds changed for Season 3. Anivia (slow) gets a base of 325, and Master Yi (fast) gets a base of 355. Tazi's movement speed is based on this.

Espy Psyche

12-08-2012

Bumping.

Espy Psyche

12-14-2012

A bump for my contest concept.

moltres27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-14-2012

which contest concept? do send me a link i shall try my luck with
Aitis [{A Prostitutes Exoneration}]

Espy Psyche

12-14-2012

This is the contest concept lol

Avari Cravin

12-14-2012

So correct me if I am wrong but, you want to give a champ (2x12x18) 432 ap as long as they do not use their ulti to heal their team? sounds like no one will ever use the ulti.
I would say reword it something like at level 6 you can obtain 6 stars that give 2 ap each, level 11 6 stars that give 5 ap each and level 16 6 stars that give 10 ap each.

that would translate to:
~300 g in stat power at level 6 (6x2=12)
600g in stat power at level 11 (6x5=30)
1200g in stat power at level 16 (6x10=60)

12 ap is roughly what viegar might have at level 6... also it keeps a summoner who uses flat ap runes from being a bit op.
30 ap is very nice for level 11 and nearly constitutes a free blasting wand which means you can build a bit more survivability.
60 ap is very nice and constitutes another item's ap

also the healing on the ulti is waaaay to strong. probably reduce the ap ratio to .25

another thing i noticed was the range on all his abilities. Your q and w remind me of cass except without the process of trying to land the half sec delay q then target with e followed by trying to give chase. see cass takes a bit of skill to be excellent at her. This champ just points and clicks and is more powerful then cass.

you need to reduce the range and instead of making it .5 sec try reduce all cooldowns when you hit an enemy affected by the divine flame.

oh the ulti shining stars generate thing needs to just be removed. it sounds silly when you can just press q w and e to generate the stars. why try and make summoners save their ulti to finish someone. its not worth it.

Espy Psyche

12-14-2012

Reduced the range on Brilliant Smite and Divine Flame to 650, down from 900.
Reduced the Ability Power per Shining Star to 1 AP per 3 levels, down from 2 per level.
Increased the Ability Power ratio of Brilliant Smite to 0.75 per Ability Power, up from 0.5.
Increased the Ability Power ratio of Divine Flame to 0.8 per Ability Power, up from 0.6.
Increased the Ability Power ratio of Starlight Shield to 0.6 per Ability Power, up from 0.5.
Reduced the Ability Power ratio of the healing portion of Gift of the Stars to 0.5 per Ability Power, down from 0.8.
Removed the generation of Shining Stars on Gift of the Stars.

The massive amount of Ability Power Tazi got from his stars was originally offset by his low Ability Power ratios. For his spells to do high damage, he would need a vast amount of Ability Power. When I reworked the Shining Stars, I had to restore Tazi's AP ratios to what they would have been without the massive AP from the stars.

The stars need to cap at 12 rather than 6. Capping them at 6 would require me to change his ultimate cost to 6 stars, which means he can use it far more often than I would like.

Icraig33

12-14-2012

Here is my review of your champion, take of it what you wish

Innate:
- It seems pretty well-balanced. I'm especially happy that you have the value scale with level, though I would mention at what levels it ranks up (1/4/7/10/13/16 I'm guessing?). Also, for the sake of curiosity, does he lose stacks upon death?

Q:
- At a glance, I thought this ability was too overpowered, but after a little calculation it doesn't seem as bad as I thought. I would probably lower the base damage or the scaling by a little bit just to be sure though. It has the potential to have too much burst, when combined with the extra AP from her innate. While this spell does less damage than Cassiopeia's E (her biggest source of damage imo) over 10s, it does a lot more damage in 5s. Considering burst is more annoying than sustained damage, just keep that in mind.

W:
- I honestly don't see too much wrong with it in terms of balance, but I do think there should be an additional effect to it. Maybe a slight slow or armor reduction or something. Otherwise, good job on it

E:
- I'm a little iffy on the cooldown and the scaling, they seem a little low/high respectively when combined together. I think you should either start the cooldown off at 15s and have it scale down to 11s. or reduce the AP scaling to somewhere between 55-57%. But not both changes though, that would be overnerfing it.

R:
- I would tone down that range to around 1500 units or even 1000, as well as increase the cooldown to something like 30s. I understand the logic of having to build up to max stars in order to use it, but consider someone building a crapload of CDR. As it is currently, you have the potential to rebuild all 12 stars and re-use this 3000 range ult in less than 15s if you have 40% CDR. I know it's a big stretch, but you gotta consider all the possibilities. And if you consider runes and masteries, getting to 40% CDR isn't as hard to reach as it sounds

So, in conclusion, I think he could definitely use some number tweaks, but it has really good starting ground. his abilities mesh pretty well together

Espy Psyche

12-15-2012

No, Tazi does not lose stars on death. And yes, the AP scaling of his stars based on level works at the levels you gave.

Increasing the cooldown on E actually has the effect of nerfing R as well, because it reduces his rate of star generation. His ultimate having long range is necessary I think. I could tone it down to 2000 though.

Increased the cooldown on Starlight Shield to 14/13/12/11/10 seconds, up from 10 seconds at all levels.

Possibly also change Q to only refresh to 1 second instead of to 0.5 seconds on hit against the debuff, but make it hit for improved damage against the debuff? This would keep the damage the same, but reduce the star generation.

Q – Brilliant Smite: Tazi smites an enemy for 70/110/150/190/230 (+0.75 per Ability Power) magic damage. If this ability strikes a target afflicted by Divine Flame, it deals 50% increased damage, and its cooldown is reduced to 1 second.

Mana Cost: 90/100/110/120/130 mana
Cooldown: 9 seconds

Icraig33

12-15-2012

I probably wouldn't add the 50% bonus damage on Q, because I think it would only add to the potential of too much burst that the spell is struggling with already. Maybe putting the cooldown reduction to .75 could work