Why copying the meta isn't always right

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ChibiCheeberson

12-05-2012

I know the meta isn't really set in stone as of the new patch, but I do have a complaint that I've been wanting to express for a long time now. I'm constantly being called a troll for trying a new or unique build in normal games. I understand in ranked, sometimes fun builds aren't the best, but seriously people, just because I don't get certain items doesn't mean I'm a troll. There is a reason that the game lets you choose what items to buy. If there was a specific build set in stone for heroes like adc, then the game would automatically just fill in the build for you. I'm just tired of people trying stupid ways to accuse others of being trolls. The meta is the meta for reason but that doesn't mean that it's fool-proof and that it works 100% of the time. I've won plenty of games with builds that weren't endorsed by the pros. Also, normal games and meant for people to have fun and not necessarily play seriously. I mean, it still sucks to lose, but people need to calm down and stop raging for stupid reasons. Sometimes, I want to build Manamune on MF. I spam skills and like to have mana in teamfights. Big whooping deal. It works for me and fits my play style and nobody has the right to yell at me during the game and put me down, especially if I'm doing well in the game.

Nanoburd

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I was in a 1400s ranked game and bought Spirit of the Elder lizard and Blade of the Ruined King on my ADC and no one cried I was trolling.

ChibiCheeberson

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanoburd View Post
I was in a 1400s ranked game and bought Spirit of the Elder lizard and Blade of the Ruined King on my ADC and no one cried I was trolling.
I guess this is mostly in lower ranked games. I'm probably 1100 skill ranked and I get yelled at all the time.

Uroboros

12-05-2012

Hit enter more often, because it's hard as hell to read a block of text that dense on a computer screen.

That being said, normals are for trying out new things. If you do that in ranked, I might have a problem with it, but not normals.