Pick Up Games

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MOST AUTISTIC NA

12-05-2012

Good news everyone! I, like many others, am tired of public matches. I played this game for many months, slowly getting fed up with its player base. After taking a six month break, I came back to the now world famous League of Legends. Not surprisingly, I was still being put in games with trolls and uncooperative players almost every match. During my break, I played Tribes:Ascend. To combat the same problem, disorganized public games, the Tribes community set up a PUG mumble which turned into the heart of the game. Pick ups allowed people to experience the game the way it was meant to be played, and also have fun while doing it. All skill levels worked together to have casual competitive games. Since this is basically a copy of the Tribes PUGs, the system is known to work. All that we need is a steady interest in forming these games. Many games a day go on in a community that is probably under 5% of the LoL population, so this mumble should be packed with interest. As of right now, it's me and a friend sitting here. This project is just beginning. Join up, be patient at first, and play some PUGs.

Do not be intimidated with this "competitive" play. In the worst case scenario, you are playing a public queue with microphones. In the best case scenario, you are playing on a coordinated team, against a coordinated team. Games like that result in longer, more fun matches. Skill level is not a big deal as long as everybody is trying. I am admittedly not an amazing player, but I am willing to work with my teammates to make things happen. If you have any questions please ask here or just hop in the mumble with us. Thanks!

http://lolpug.com

MOST AUTISTIC NA

12-12-2012

Having a PUG night tonight. Be on at 9 EST so we can coordinate people.

Selcopa

12-12-2012

The problem is the range of elo that can show up for a pug. A single diamond player can ruin the idea for tons of struggling silver and bronze players

MOST AUTISTIC NA

12-14-2012

If we have one diamond level player hanging around I can see that. If an odd number of extremely high level players shows up then one team will probably have an advantage. However, it is very easy to pick teams around that fact, and a moderate-large player base can easily solve that problem.

MOST AUTISTIC NA

12-15-2012

Another PUG night. Come at 9 EST.

Selcopa

12-15-2012

So you'd have to match players based on their relative skill to eachother?

Interesting new concept. I'm trying to thing of something where it was already done....h.mm nope

MOST AUTISTIC NA

12-15-2012

If you want to keep matchmaking, then go for it. I know plenty of people who only do that, but an equal amount who are frustrated with the entire process. Skill level is hardly the problem in public games, I don't care if a person hasn't played the game as much as me. It's the trolls and leavers that I hate dealing with.