Ezreal and Season 3 : A step in the right direction...

123456 ... 11
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wilberforce7

12-06-2012

ok, this being my first post on the forum:

When i first started playing leauge I played ashe for most of the time, the first time i went against an ezreal in the bottom lane I saw his ult devestate me and thought "wow, thats what i want to do!!". The very next champ I bought was ezreal and I have played him as my main ever since.

I started playing him ad, I tried ap, failed alot, and then finally after lots of practice learned to play him well. before the end of the season I had many games where my ap ez would carry the team and opponents would run when they saw me!

Now I have only played ap ez once or twice this season and one of those games I was up against leblanc which I always have trouble against landing those W's so I can't say for certain if the new changes are all good or bad for him. I do think that the old ap ez standard glass cannon build is iffy.

While ad ez does well on health with a phage (thats all the health i need for ad ez) ap items with health maybe viable for ap ez (RoA, new haunting guise)? Also, while I used to always rush the hat, with the new lich bane what about rushing it? (when i first started trying out ap ez i rushed a sheen for a cruch till i learned to use those awesome W's!!)

And everyone is always talking about how ap ez gets almost no benefit from his passive but what about getting an early malady?? I really want to know what you guys think about this item on ap ez!! I played only one practice game with malady and btw yes i need more build experementation and season 3 play! but it did have great synergy with his passive and the new spell blade mastery and seemed to solve late lane phase early mid game farm issues! it also wasnt to bad when spells were on cooldown to do some noticable damage with his aa!

In concluson, (not to forget that I am of the oppinion that his W width sucks now!!!!) I really want to keep playing ap ezreal and I enjoy playing him ad when i want to play the role of adc, i am interested to see how this season goes! so far so good for me, i enjoy the new pace feel to it and cant wait to play on the winter map!!

-Wilberforce

sergeantpickle

12-06-2012

I'm very curious about AP Ezreal with the addition of Liandry's Torment, Iceborn Gauntlet, and Muramana. It's a game changer for sure since his Q procs on-hit effects.

Iceborn Gauntlet, Lichbane, Liandry's Torment, Deathcap, and Muramana with your choice of boots could be really devastating. Q will hit so freaking hard while they burn to death (double damage from LT due to IG!!!). I honestly do believe AP Ezreal is viable again, maybe even over-powered (gasp!). It's only a matter of time before we see it played by the pros in poke teams.

Muramana is nice but maybe something else can fit here? Rushing it could help with his early game weakness...plus he burns through mana like a boss. Ezreal is mobile enough that he doesn't really need a defensive item...but if you get caught it's game over.

whaiyun

12-06-2012

I stopped playing my Ez a month or so ago to try out other characters. Came back last night bought the frosted skin on sale and tried him again. Pretty easy to play still and still powerful. I guess I don't notice changes much.

Zerkers, Bloodthirster, Trinity Force

MagikShot

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantpickle View Post
I'm very curious about AP Ezreal with the addition of Liandry's Torment, Iceborn Gauntlet, and Muramana. It's a game changer for sure since his Q procs on-hit effects.

Iceborn Gauntlet, Lichbane, Liandry's Torment, Deathcap, and Muramana with your choice of boots could be really devastating. Q will hit so freaking hard while they burn to death (double damage from LT due to IG!!!). I honestly do believe AP Ezreal is viable again, maybe even over-powered (gasp!). It's only a matter of time before we see it played by the pros in poke teams.
yesterday Link115 played as ap ezreal against team alternate
begins at 3:15:00
http://www.twitch.tv/national_esl1/b/345609409

Cujomi

12-06-2012

Right...because we don't see enough of Ezreal already.

sergeantpickle

12-06-2012

Bump for discussion!

Wilberforce7

12-06-2012

With the addition if ice gauntlet I may try it with an ad build but I'm not seeing it for an ap one since lich is the way to go. Also I enjoy taking a health item with most carries ap or ad even if I'm doing really well I might than early dmg and get health later but roa is great on my tf for the lane rylias on xerath or a phage on ezreal although same there I will rush the ie if I'm doing well. What I really want to know is what people think about my malady idea! As an early item gives you ap, a way to farm, a use for passive, and when your spells are on cooldown use your aa's to lower magic resist so your next spell does even more! What I'm thinking in theory is first back getting malady and boots that gives you dmg and then back to farm. Then get your haunting guise or a sheen (I'm thinking lich before hat because

Wilberforce7

12-06-2012

Sorry trying to do this on my phone.

Because the new lich base dmg will be better early before hat and again this is all in theory I needs to test it! Get lich, then hat, finish up your guise and boot enchantment and whatever else you want. I feel when I use the traditional glass cannon build I always end up building straight dmg and don't feel any flexibility while this build you can choose between early health, farm, or straight dmg all while not sacrificing the need to stack ap and magic pen. All theory, going to test tonight. Please let me know what you think!

Wilberforce7

12-06-2012

Bump

Wilberforce7

12-07-2012

bump

123456 ... 11