Swain theorycrafters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Marduk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I'm still testing with him... Liandry is awesome, but as a late game item...

My build

Merc Treads (I prefer the tenacy plus mr other than mpen)
Rush RoA
Chalice into Grail
Zhonyas Hourglass (maybe Hunting Guise first)
Rabaddon
Linadrys Torment

I tried Sorc shoes plus an early Hunting Guise... but dont fit my playstyle

Also

I still can't decide what masteries are better.. 21/9/0 or 9/0/21

Facepalmss

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic Toothpick View Post
new Archangel's Staff seems rather decent for Swain.
His Ultimate will very quickly stack it, and if he shields himself for a bunch he buys some time to heal.
More mana is also more ult time, so that works out well too.
But the thing is, that shield takes off 25% of his current mana, and other than that, there are no tanky stats coming out of the item. I don't really see that as much of a benefit (RoA/Athene's is usually enough mana for me in a teamfight)

Riyshn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

I had a pretty good game earlier today with Deathcap/Archangel's/WotA(well, Revolver)/Ohmwrecker/Liandry's.

Would probably take the RoA in the future instead of Ohmwrecker if I could, but I didn't think of it soon enough.

GunAndRoses

12-05-2012

In a match I just recently played in, the Swain built Archangels/RoA/Frozen/Liandry before the game ended. With the huge amount of mana and regen pluz the slight tanky attributes from RoA/Liandry/Frozen he was able to hold his own 3v1 and in team fights decimate with his ult.

Facepalmss

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by II Kriegor II View Post
I'm still testing with him... Liandry is awesome, but as a late game item...

My build

Merc Treads (I prefer the tenacy plus mr other than mpen)
Rush RoA
Chalice into Grail
Zhonyas Hourglass (maybe Hunting Guise first)
Rabaddon
Linadrys Torment

I tried Sorc shoes plus an early Hunting Guise... but dont fit my playstyle

Also

I still can't decide what masteries are better.. 21/9/0 or 9/0/21
I like the build, but I want that Abyssal on Swain Mercs are if they have heavy CC, but I usually go Sorc boots otherwise.

For my masteries, I go 21/0/9 (imo this lets you bully your lane very easily early game, and I just like the mana regen/mastermind/buff duration on utility)

Facepalmss

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyshn View Post
I had a pretty good game earlier today with Deathcap/Archangel's/WotA(well, Revolver)/Ohmwrecker/Liandry's.

Would probably take the RoA in the future instead of Ohmwrecker if I could, but I didn't think of it soon enough.
I feel like this build is so squishy though, and you could get destroyed by focus, especially since your damage is so short ranged and sustained.

Facepalmss

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunAndRoses View Post
In a match I just recently played in, the Swain built Archangels/RoA/Frozen/Liandry before the game ended. With the huge amount of mana and regen pluz the slight tanky attributes from RoA/Liandry/Frozen he was able to hold his own 3v1 and in team fights decimate with his ult.
And this is why I like a tanky Swain I feel like the Liandry can replace Deathcap in certain situations in terms of damage output, plus health and mpen are always nice

Voidgolem

12-05-2012

Don't like DFG?

it's 15% of their maximum health, straight-up. Amplified by Torment, and further amps everything else you do.

I suppose if you dislike instagibs it's not attractive.

Riyshn

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facepalmss View Post
I feel like this build is so squishy though, and you could get destroyed by focus, especially since your damage is so short ranged and sustained.
It was only one game before I left for work, and it had been forever since I played him, so it probably wasn't optimal, yeah.

I'm used to building him glass cannon (for a DoT character, his burst can be really silly) and then playing fairly cautiously though, so it felt pretty tanky to me, at least.

OgreAnger

12-06-2012

It seems to me that Liandry's and Muramana are now essential on Swain. Their damage is insane on anyone, but they do even more when paired with torment. The new DFG would also really good too though.

After that just focus on mana and tankiness and I think Swain is now doing more damage than Ryze...

Liandry's alone will do about 2% / second when torment is on (max torment would mean 3%/1.5 seconds). And one torment means that it continues to tick for 5.5 seconds (4 seconds of decrepify + 1.5 for half duration)... That is an additional 11% of an enemy's current life per decrepify.

With ROA/Mikels Crucible, Iceborn, and Muramana you can have over 3.5k mana and torment means that you are doing an additional ~250 damage with max mana for each AA or torment and decrepify.

Mercs, Liandry's, Muramana, Mikel's Crucible, Iceborn (or maybe a frozen heart), Zhonyas.