What Nami's Skin Couldve Been (Includes Pictures)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JacksonSolo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

So if you havent heard of Nami's Skin, it is Koi Nami. Spotlight here.

I honestly was a little dissapointed, not in the skin itself, but it the name. I mean really, Koi? It was probably a close call between that and Goldfish. Even if it was the same skin, but named like Tropical Nami, I would go for it. But no Konami skin for me.

A lot of Riot's recent release skins have been underwhelming. Synda's was well done, well played Riot, well played. But Elise's was ugly, Zed's was okay, and Nami's is alright. I was really hoping for a well done skin. I know Riot is rediculous busy with s3, but I'd rather wait an extra couple weeks than get a rushed job.

This is what I wouldve love Nami's skin to be:
Hurricane/Cyclone/Typhoon Nami
Watcher/Protector Nami

And my personal fave:
Siren Nami

These are ideas I personally thought of, I know Riot can do better.

But this is what we got:
Koi Nami

I just wish we got a mermaid instead of a merfish :/

I love Nami to death, but I will not be getting this skin. Sorry, Riot.

JacksonSolo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Oh well... maybe in 6 months theyll come out with one I like :/

smXho

12-05-2012

I love this one, the name is kawaiiii and the pink hair is so cute

Did you see those Nemo around her, 10/10

Eternity AwaitZ

12-05-2012

i like namis skin

StriderXplosive

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Dem ****....D=....

No skin like that can be released....all the girls would feel even more stereotyped then they feel now. We need males with bulges!! XD So the ladies can have something to look at no?

StationaryObject

12-05-2012

It's fine.
All you want is more flesh and more boobs, but shes fine as she is.
Not all female champions have to be sexy. Cute is just as good.

JacksonSolo

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by smXho View Post
I love this one, the name is kawaiiii and the pink hair is so cute

Did you see those Nemo around her, 10/10
Cant find anything confirming kawaii, and yes the little fishes in her ult are pretty cool lol.

EspeonageTieler

12-05-2012

so u just want a skin witha hair bra?

theDreamer

12-05-2012

Two of your proposals are "naked stereotypical mermaid with hair covering her breasts" and the third is "naked stereotypical mermaid meets little red riding hood which is somehow buttoned to her breasts"

I find these ideas dull and overused.

I prefer Nami's original skin with it's regal frills to the Koi skin, though I will buy the koi skin for the particles.

I prefer both skins to all of your suggestions because they both communicate mermaid in a way that is neither stereotypical nor objectifying (though mermaids were/are objects of desire).

EDIT: I like the idea of the "Watcher Nami" Skin, because it has the potential to present Mermaids not as objects of sexual desire but rather as the light for lost sailors leading them home. I believe the art you chose to present that idea was a poor choice.

JacksonSolo

12-05-2012

Well unfortunetely those were the only pics I could find that conveyed the point. I dont want a stripper skin. Cover her up completely, I dont care, just do something that isnt so cheesy