Who counters Elise?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Man0nFire

12-05-2012

Besides dodging her stun, which can be kinda hard to do when playing a melee ap champion like Fizz, Morde, etc etc. To counter Elise (particularly mid) is it just a matter of taking a range AP or what? Is she actually OP from her buffs, or is it just me playing like an idiot XD?

BrickRocket

12-05-2012

she's a good counter-bruiser in the top lane. but from my experience she falls short when she's played like a ap carry mid.

Karn Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Well... seeing as I play her, and did play her well, you want someone with sustain and decent poke. I had this vlad pwn me in lane because he literally just healed what I poke him for. Elise is all about her poke and the engaging on you when she wants to, and with her stun that means that she can flip your engage into her benefit. You reeeaaaaaaaaallllllyyyyyyy DONT want to go melee against her.

Ayestes

12-05-2012

Mercury Treads and Negatron Cloak go a very, very long way. Much like Ninja Tabi and Chain Vest work very well against pure physical damage dealers. Most Elise players don't run much for mana sustain, so it isn't really that hard to out sustain her.

Karn Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayestes View Post
Mercury Treads and Negatron Cloak go a very, very long way. Much like Ninja Tabi and Chain Vest work very well against pure physical damage dealers. Most Elise players don't run much for mana sustain, so it isn't really that hard to out sustain her.
I actually ran a doran's ring and that kept me good until I got myself a RoA

volaju

12-05-2012

Cats eat spiders sometimes, so try nidalee. Wouldn't try Kha'Zix though, spiders eat bugs. Malphite could work too however, rocks squish spiders good.

Natalya

12-05-2012

Build MR and try to outlast her Q poke. Most mids cant trade with her because shes much beefier then they are in stats, and her Q will really hurt. She can also dodge skillshots/ultimates with Rappel. Her Q requires different items to do it's damage too, so she wont build like a normal mid either (no dorans rings usually). Avoid her stun, and try to keep your HP up. Ask for a jungler gank after shes burned Rappel. Try to avoid being zoned by Skittering Spiderling. Also be mindful when ganking her. While you might have a jungler helping you, if you are low she can easily jump ontop of you and do a Q/Q combo with ignite. A lot of mids are squishy, and if you are low it will likely kill you. :3

Ayestes

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTexan View Post
I actually ran a doran's ring and that kept me good until I got myself a RoA
Yeah I tend to run a Doran's Ring + Flask lately too, but someone with over 112 MR (and ideally, sustain) is going to start to run you dry. That only drops down to a little under 55 MR, which is no where close to True Damage like Elise enjoys. It's also a cheaper item combo then Guise and Sorcs.

MrGrimm999

The Council

12-05-2012

You need someone that has either enough sustain to win trades via attrition, or enough poke to outpoke her squishiness. Alternatively, you could just have someone with longer range than her.

Mid lane, something like Vlad/Swain comes to mind for the sustain, or orianna for the range game.

Top lane, something like Panth/Jayce comes to mind. Panth because he can poke just as hard as her and she is pretty squishy, Jayce because not only can he poke, but if an all out engage to the death happens, he will probably own her.

A lot of bruisers top are meant to wear down their opponents or only have melee range abilities, this is where Elise is going to shine. Those heros like Jax who depend on getting in your face and beating on you will get crushed by Elise. Or heros that think they can come in melee range and get out, like Riven will also do poorly. That being said, I haven't tried it out, but I imagine a good lee sin that gets lifesteal + hexdrinker could probably harass and sustain enough to do well against Elise in lane.

Another hero I haven't tried is Cass, but I imagine if you max e first with Cass, one q trade and with the ms boost, you can get off two e's, that would dominate her in the trade forcing her to get zoned.

DarkePhysik

12-05-2012

A good riven dumps on elise.