@Riot Lich Bane & Iceborn Gauntlet - Spellblade Stack?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ajido

12-05-2012

I was playing AP Yi and I bought Iceborn Gauntlet and Lich Bane. Iceborn Gauntlet has the Unique Passive - Spellblade, after casting a spell your next auto attack deals bonus physical damage and slows surrounding units. The tooptip doesn't say anything about Spellblade not stacking, but the tooltip for Lich Bane says 'Unique Passives with the same name don't stack', and the Unique Passive for Lich Bane is also Spellblade.

So late game I could tell my Lich Bane was clearly working because I was doing large amounts of damage with my auto attacks after casting a spell, but I wasn't paying attention to whether Iceborn Gauntlet was doing anything, and I can't test how these interact because custom games require two players to start at the moment.

If they don't stack, how does the game prioritize which Spellblade works? I'm personally fine with them not stacking because I like the stats on Iceborn, but I just want to make sure my Lich Bane is always working when I buy it.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saruyan

12-05-2012

they do not stack, and i think it takes the strongest one into effect, not sure how that works with gauntlet though.