Galio in season 3

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WTFZOMFG

12-04-2012

Since in season 3 the rework on items and masteries really made Galio weak as a AP carry compared to season 2 in terms of getting MR. In the patch notes I notice Hecarim got a buff on damage due to the change on season 3 boots. I'm just pointing this out to riot

ung0d1y

12-05-2012

Galio seems fine to me, i am still able to get 30-35 ap and over 50 each resistance level 1, i suggest you try a bit harder.

WTFZOMFG

12-05-2012

What are you talking about I looked you up on lolking.net, you didn't play Galio. This is about season 3 mid lane AP/MR Galio. The fact that he didn't get as much MR as in season 2.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-05-2012

Wait, so they add a new % bonus MR mastery and new tank items and you cant get the MR you need?

gtfo

WTFZOMFG

12-05-2012

Faceplam* How the hell do you become a an AP carry if you have to spend more points on the defence tree to get the legendary armor mastery? Then the offence tree, sure you could get 60 MR but you don't do as much damage compared to an 21/3/6 in season 2 in which you could still have the same amount of MR and do more damage. FYI your thinking about support Galio for the new items. and the item remake nerfed the amount of MR you get. Runic Bulwark is a example, 2 Null-Magic Mantle in season 3 = 40 MR but Runic Bulwark requires 2 Null-Magic Mantle, but the thing is you get 30 MR. or how about the new item Mercurial Scimitar which is going to total useless as most of the gold is spent on AD.

CerealBoxOfDoom

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTFZOMFG View Post
Faceplam* How the hell do you become a an AP carry if you have to spend more points on the defence tree to get the legendary armor mastery? Then the offence tree, sure you could get 60 MR but you don't do as much damage compared to an 21/3/6 in season 2 in which you could still have the same amount of MR and do more damage. FYI your thinking about support Galio for the new items. and the item remake nerfed the amount of MR you get. Runic Bulwark is a example, 2 Null-Magic Mantle in season 3 = 40 MR but Runic Bulwark requires 2 Null-Magic Mantle, but the thing is you get 30 MR. or how about the new item Mercurial Scimitar which is going to total useless as most of the gold is spent on AD.
Galio ran 21 in offense?

I'm thinking utility tank galio, support or no support
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wik...l%27s_Crucible
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Runic_Bulwark
http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Shadows

and the bulwark can provide up to 150 MR total across your team
and I'm pretty sure that can stack

Qashmal

12-07-2012

I agree MR has been nerfed throughout season 2 and this is only pushing Galio further and further into obscurity. Especially, with the nerfs to his AP ratios

Salfa

12-15-2012

Galio should be built pretty tanky reguardless. I seem to either have spectacular games with him or horrible games with him with no inbetween, but when I do well it's usually because I am running more tanky than ap. His skills are all more for utility and less for dmg. Although if you build a lot of ap on him, he does monstrous dmg with his q.

Basically, when you mid Galio, you want to make sure you have enough dmg on your team to make up for the fact that he will likely have to tank. Galio is squishy without much defensive gear. I have had success running ap health items on him though (ROA, Rylia's, the new upgrade for Haunting Guise, ect).

x The Deleter x

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-17-2012

um any lane galio is a carry siply because of his gamechanging ulti

Lazreal

12-18-2012

Galio is one of my favorite champs he is best top lane IMO running flash and teleport his passive is good but don't trick you into buying Mr when you need armor or health, for he is a mage tank. He counters singed and teemos really hard because of he his awesome healing of his w. I'm surprised more people don't play him vs double. AP teams.