Was League of Legends Downgraded?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlueGunner

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Understandable. When you take on a lot of change, many players will find it a little bit confusing, frustrating, etc... Because you go from understanding everything, to feeling like you don't understand a ton.

I'd give it a few games. Go play an easy vs bots game and take your time browsing the shop. Fill out your favorite character. Build the right items. Try it in a practice game or another bot game. From there, you should be in good shape.

As you learn new ways to master the game, you'll start to feel great about the progress, and the new strategies you can enact. I found it pretty overwhelming the first few games as well, but really, we think the changes will be for the better pretty quickly for all players.

To be perfectly honest, our item system was not great before, and was causing a lot of more general issues. We think that this set of changes will set the game free of a lot of problems it has had in the past.
Zileas, can you make sure that the item API goes back out again/gets updated so that 3rd parties can update recommended item changers? Or better yet, can you allow us to change recommended items within the client? I like the new shop ok, but even if I learn it, I think menu navigation will be slower than directly selecting for a pre-sorted list, if that makes sense.

YuSira

12-04-2012

Yeah, so far I have really enjoyed the changes. I have had a lot of fun with the two games I've played. Supports feel so much more full of life now o_o

Pomf Skweezy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

League got really stale in season 2. The jungle changes were something I just never really came to grips with, so I played support and solo top. Then, I altogether quit League for quite some time.

A friend convinced me to give it a try for season 3, and I'm really enjoying the way it's changed the game so far. My page is full of mostly losses where I play like someone who really hasn't played League in quite some time, but the changes are very apparent and something that I think is healthy.

League in season 2 was everything I hated about the game. The emphasis on passivity made this game too predictable and AD carries too much the centrifugal focus. Now, on-hit builds got a huge buff, a lot of underplayed champions are starting to see new potential and it's exciting. People decry the jungle, but champions like Maokai and Cho'Gath are still well equipped to handle the task. Even had a successful game with a jungle Talon, who sucked even in the season 2 jungle.

Even though League is in absolute turmoil and I keep on making plays, dying and then facepalming when I reconsider exactly how bad of an idea my engagement was, I'm having fun watching this game change.

Jixson

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
We are increasing the font size. Sorry about that.
THANK YOU. I hate being punished for having a somewhat decent monitor.

When font is size 6, and your hud is also that size on max setting you feel like you need glasses, when you have good vision.

Any word of maybe making the shops/menus colors a little more contrasting? Green on Teal, with a white? text underneath just bleeds together and has been causing headaches for people since it was first put up(and I mean on the PBE)

Fenstick

12-04-2012

I don't understand the QQ about the shop. It's faster than before cause you type 3 letters and bam there's your item. It takes literally 1 second if you open up the shop tab while you recall.

CandyPuffs

12-04-2012

@Zileas

You're not going to diminish the increased effectiveness of assassins right? I love assassin champs and would hate to see them knocked back to their S2 pre-25 usefulness state.

Dunal

12-04-2012

The only thing that got downgraded was the jungle. I don't understand the design decisions behind it ("Let's make it harder but keep the gold the same when Junglers are actually allowed to farm it! Then let's increase it at the stage where the laners can take the jungle anyway! TROLOLO").

Jaynon

12-04-2012

so far i like it all. new shop isn't so bad to navigate but the interaction on it is painful. I've bought three things now that i hadnt clicked on. It is annoying me, wanted to finish AUG and ended up with a freakin charm after i had clicked the gauntlet. Happy to hear font size is being upped again tho. Y was that even changed to begin with?

RainbowTrenches

12-04-2012

Quote:
We are increasing the font size. Sorry about that.
Not sure why you folks didn't adjust this on the PBE- I know there was at least one thread about it.

LegitKajit

12-04-2012

bump