Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

It seems like Xerath has 1/3rd the mana everyone else has

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Undervalued

12-04-2012

Quote:
NotBuzzJack:
Mana problems? Get Athene's.

Hard to get athenes when your zoned. Which is silly that you can zone a long ranged champ...

JesusPwns0926

12-04-2012

Quote:
Kombo Master:
I clearly max E second. .

Max W second. Always. E is only for the stun, not damage.

Shiny Goggles

12-04-2012

Quote:
Arosonomy:

Sorc. Boots
Deathcap
Lichbane
Rylias
Z. Hourglass
Abyss Scepter

As playing Xerath, you should never be in range to utilize Abyssal Scepter or Lich Bane.

Phil Nye

12-04-2012

Quote:
Kombo Master:
I clearly max E second. The cooldown rank 1 is ridiculous, and W offers nothing more then rank 1 effectiveness mid game.

I was 90-60 with Xerath prior to the Molten skin dibbocle. I hate Xerath now and he was my main.

>Implying good Xerath's are bad for putting points into W second, ex. Chauster, iKarry, SYDTKO.

Quote:
Kombo Master:
Hard to get athenes when your zoned. Which is silly that you can zone a long ranged champ...

Once again, if you would try maxing W, you'd have the following:
-less mana issues
-not have to deal with W's horrendous CD
-strong harass
-at worst, safe farming method against harder MUs

Do tell how you get zoned from farm being under tower and in the fog of war, especially if you're getting pushed on. Except you max E second, which means you have burst which requires you to get in 600 range (almost every point and click spell has more range than yours) to start, and can't ever effectively poke someone for leveraging an advantage in lane, or if a farm lane, can't alternate with locused Qs to farm more safely.

I'll admit, I did the same when I started Xerath (hence my abysmal score in ranked with him lol, which tbh I was a bit too late to get good at him for ranked S2), but when I went W second, I never went back, unless it was someone I knew I could bully comfortably and abuse pre-6 without getting outtraded.

Theorchero

Recruiter

12-04-2012

So basically you act like you are this hot-shot pro, ***** about a problems with a champion, and when people inform you that you have problems with him because of your ability and rune/mastery selection, you call them idiots.

Yeah, **** you too. People are trying to help your dumb ass, don't be a dick to them.

Gryphon48

12-04-2012

Quote:
Arosonomy:
NO I am not level 30, but this is what makes the most sense to me.

It's sad that you have to even mention this.....
F***ing elitists.

Arosonomy

12-04-2012

Quote:
Albino Parakeet:
As playing Xerath, you should never be in range to utilize Abyssal Scepter or Lich Bane.

This is a good point. Somtimes though, this is unavoidable. I however don't grab them for the passives. I grab them because they are some of the few AP + M-RES items available. I haven't had a lot of time to peer through the items for new types. But finding an item with M-RES aaaaand AP is nearly non existent.

Are you essentially saying that it would be more cost effective to just get a negatron's cloak and be done with it? Seems like a waste, but am I wasting more gold in the long run...

Oh >_<; Now I"m over thinking.

EDIT:
I am not an elitist, nor would I call myself a pro. I was just trying to share my strategy. Not once was I rude or at all implying that I was better than the other person. If I want to build him a certain way I can, and you're more than able to build him differently, quite possibly better than me. Why? Because I'm not level 30, I am a moderatly in-experienced player who likes to talk strategy but has little feild experience compared to an actual professional.

Or did I take this completely the wrong way. 0_0

Mass

12-04-2012

Quote:
Kombo Master:
And when it hits, they just look at me like i am retarded and continue spamming spells on creeps clearing the entire wave in 2 seconds while i am out of range and have to wait 7 seconds to shoot my second blast.

Don't talk if you havnt played him at competitive levels.

And you have? I've probably played xerath a **** ton more than you, and last season he was just some easy free elo. How about you actually learn how to land your q and maybe you will see that he doesnt need to be right next to them to attack.

pikachuwei

12-04-2012

Actually I do have to agree with OP on his point that xerath has bad farming. You have to rush rabadons to be able to oneshot caster minions effectively. If u go for another big AP item first most other ap mids can push harder than you and limit ur ability to roam

SUPERSEYMOUR

12-04-2012

i play him alot, and yes, he eats mana like crazy. i grab clarity and a meki pendant and no boots if i play mid, then i get an unholy grail and build crazy ap, then my last item is the archangel staff to give me more mana and ap, and it works for me