13 unconventional jungles tested

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hampsterblade

12-04-2012

So to pass the time I decided to test out some very "unconventional" jungles and see if any of them were remotely viable on the new jungle. The results were disappointing, but some were unexpected. None of the champions tested are anything I would consider viable. All tests were conducted with a 9/21/0 mastery set and runes for armor, attack speed, armor pen., and magic resist so some of the results may be skewed by this.

The results:

1. Teemo - Died at golems 3:26 - viability:nil survivability: nil
  2. Karthus - Died at red 3:20 - viability:low survivabilty: nil
  3. Yi - Cleared 3:36 - viability:med survivability:low
  4. Vayne - Died at blue 2:26 -viability:nil survivabilty:nil
  5. Zilian - Died at blue 2:19 viability:nil survivability:nil
  6. Wu'Kong - Died at golems 3:20 viability:nil survivability:nil
  7. Heimerdinger - Cleared 4:05 - viability: low survivability:med
  8. Renekton - Died at blue 2:20 - viability:nil survivability:nil
  9. Sion - Cleared 4:03 - viability:low survivability:low
  10. Rumble - Died at wraiths 3:05 - Viability:nil surviability:nil
  11. Ashe - Died at blue 2:20 - viability:nil survivability:nil
  12. Poppy - Cleared 4:00 - viability:low survivability:low
  13. Taric - Cleared 4:10 -viability:low survivability:high

As you can see the results were pretty disappointing. While Taric and Heimerdinger were able to clear the jungle with enough health to pull a gank, due to the nature of the champions I still kept them at low viability as Heimerdinger would need to prepare a gank with his turrets, and Taric doesn't do much damage, but has the advantage of his q to stun.

If you would like to see some more viable jungles Pawnce has done some excellent jungle comparisons in his videos here http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...e&feature=plcp

Felaedor

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by hampsterblade View Post
All tests were conducted with a 9/21/0 mastery set and runes for armor, attack speed, armor pen., and magic resist so some of the results may be skewed by this.
They certainly are.

If you're comparing junglers with a stock rune/mastery page, there's no hope for you.

That also completely ignores the fact that "clearing" is almost never optimal on ANY jungler at this point.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-04-2012

Y-you actually tried the Zilean I suggested? It was a sarcastic post...Sorry for wasting your time.

hampsterblade

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrnyOrnyOrny View Post
Y-you actually tried the Zilean I suggested? It was a sarcastic post...Sorry for wasting your time.
I just tested a lot of champions I had. Was curious if it might work. It didn't work lol.

imaloony

12-04-2012

Wukong is a conventional jungler. His stealth can put him into place for a gank, he can reduce armor to help take the other person down, has a gap-closer, and at 6 has his knockup. I assume his clear time isn't great, but his ganks and teamfight presence are great.

Vulking

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

If you are going 9/21/0 you should at least have the decency of use a more jungle friendly rune page, also, ArPen? if there is a lackluster stat in the jungle that's ArPen, you need either Flat AD Quints with the ASPD Reds or a Mix of ArPen and Flat AD with the Marks and Quints.

hampsterblade

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
They certainly are.

If you're comparing junglers with a stock rune/mastery page, there's no hope for you.

That also completely ignores the fact that "clearing" is almost never optimal on ANY jungler at this point.
Yes I am aware. I was mostly rating them based on their ability to complete the jungle with a decent amount of health, and still be able to gank. Most of these are champions you will never see in the jungle. The only one that I can even think about seeing jungle here would be Karthus, but that has been reduced by the jungle rework.

Aessir

12-04-2012

Hybrid Battle Taric newtop jungler.

OrnyOrnyOrny

12-04-2012

Quote:
I just tested a lot of champions I had. Was curious if it might work. It didn't work lol.
Gotcha. Do you know how Shyvana would fare in the jungle?

Gaeta

12-04-2012

Quote:
...Taric doesn't do much damage, but has the advantage of his q to stun.
Using armor pen on Karthus was pretty suspect. This is just outrageous.