IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Homebrew

12-04-2012

It's funny how a lot of you people are sticking up for this jerk. It's really a simple concept, act like an a-hole, get treated like an a-hole. This kid had the nerds opportunity of a lifetime and he couldn't just simply keep his mouth shut and some of you stick up for him? He sounds like an elitist ****** bag. Rules are rules and everyone has to abide to them, even the "pros". Eventually one of them was gonna get made an example of and this dope was the one. Go ahead and feel sorry for him and call Riot scumbags, just shows the ignorance of pro fanboys and the maturity level of the sheep that back these loud mouths.

LgIsgk

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
I played football for 19 years and I'm sorry, but doing anything remotely like what a lot of people do in a LoL would get me either A) Benched (which would be relatively close to a temp ban) or B) Kicked from the team (which would be the permanent ban).

There's a difference between competitive trash talking and straight out harassing and being toxic.
Link me the NFL case where someone gets banned for saying, "GG nub", otherwise stfu.

Actually, this topic has already reached the point where the dozens of yes men are slobbering all over a nice long apparatus.

In the same way that millions of people love Britany Spears, Justin Beiber and Kanye West. In the same way that Farmville is apparently an amazingly good game because so many people play it to death. If you want Farmville with Beiber going on in the background, good for you. But realize, that is what you are asking for.

I also expect you, since you apparently care a whole lot about this to support Riot sending people to watch professional streams and ban for infractions as slight as "GG nub". As well as making sure these bans are permanent. This is what you want.

Dridengx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedyingninja View Post
seeing it more and more, riot is catering to this..... how can i explain it...
well its like the difference between school when i was in school (or times before that), and school now.
used to be if 2 kids got into a fight, that was it, and it was over. now you have to call the cops, and everyone has to get counseling and it turns into this huge ordeal.
now we have to coddle everyone and make them feel all warm and fuzzy, and if we say anything negative to anyone about anything its this huge tragedy and youve ruined their life.
hey, guys what, life is tough. when you deal with people, you cant expect them to be nice all the time.
when youre in the middle of doing something, you dont have time to stop and type out some nice message to them, with a compliment sandwich on how they should improve their jungling. suck it up. its life, people dont NEED to be nice to you. and when u get out in the workforce, people arent going to be NICE to you. your boss isnt going to care how you feel, hes going to tell you to do your damn job or hit the door.
we're raising this generation of kids, telling them they can be anything, and setting them up with these stupid expectations that everyrthing is all cotton candy, butterflies, and rainbows. well its not. you cant be whatever you want to be, nobody is going to be nice to you, and nobody cares about your feelings. get over it if someone calls you a noob. i guarantee youll be called far worse in life.
grow up people, for real, its not that big of a deal, and guess what, this dude OBVIOUSLY got results, in the end, thats what matters.
You sure are crying a lot. This isn't your call. This is Riot's game, Riot's rules, Riot's forums and everywhere you go there is rules. You must obey or be punished. he broke them, he got punished. That's reality. Get over it lol

Skades

12-04-2012

That's kinda messed up, ruining someones career.

LoveJess

12-04-2012

wow srs business

NoFxFireBlaze

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalze View Post
I played football for 19 years and I'm sorry, but doing anything remotely like what a lot of people do in a LoL would get me either A) Benched (which would be relatively close to a temp ban) or B) Kicked from the team (which would be the permanent ban).

There's a difference between competitive trash talking and straight out harassing and being toxic.
Again you have a much different environment than me if that is how your football team interacted good on you, but that's not the case in a majority of places. You linked to an article from 2005 which is also an ESPN insider page so you're going to have to reference what you're talking about a little more.

If you're knowledgeable in sports you wouldn't bring up refs as anyone who follows anything knows they're 100% guarded in every league I really can't comment on much of what you're saying because it's so alien to me.

There are players who are very respectful (Shane Doan for example) but those are very few and far between and to be honest, they're pretty boring.

Thedyingninja

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteAnderson View Post
It's funny how a lot of you people are sticking up for this jerk. It's really a simple concept, act like an a-hole, get treated like an a-hole. This kid had the nerds opportunity of a lifetime and he couldn't just simply keep his mouth shut and some of you stick up for him? He sounds like an elitist ****** bag. Rules are rules and everyone has to abide to them, even the "pros". Eventually one of them was gonna get made an example of and this dope was the one. Go ahead and feel sorry for him and call Riot scumbags, just shows the ignorance of pro fanboys and the maturity level of the sheep that back these loud mouths.
its funny, we expect everyone on here to be all dainty and handle everyone with kid gloves. guess what, its been proven time and time and time and time ( i could repeat this a million times) that the people that get results are the jerks. ever been around a pro athlete? they are usually jerks, ever been around a top level exec? they are usually jerks,
why? because jerks expect perfection. its life, you want the best, you go to the jerks.

Cliftonix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skades View Post
That's kinda messed up, ruining someones career.
Hi. I have a career working as an IT Professional too. You think I would get fired if i started talking **** to all of our clients? According to what you just said, the answer is no.

Benny Boy

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2knowindeed View Post
He's not banned from the entire competitive scene for the year, just tournaments that count as the "League of Legends Championship Series". Riot can't control what happens at every single tournament so depending on how other organizations responsd he might still play in some tournaments.
Can this be confirmed please?

FargoneMyth

12-04-2012

He deserves to lose his job and become homeless for being the worthless piece of garbage he is.