IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epjest

12-04-2012

Oh man...

I was hoping for some kind of news about season 3 when I got home from work.

This was hilarious enough to hold me over for today. *claps*

Cuttin Queefs

12-04-2012

Perhaps his username was too ambitious and egoistic. I hope that he will return next season as "WeWillDoOkay". This name will signal his attitude adjustment as a cohesive team player while also lowering the bar of expectation so that he is will not be so likely to fly off the handle when expectations aren't met. I thank WeWillDoOkay in advance for his cooperation.

HolyPikeman

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheology View Post
Dirt would be a step up from the trash that he was.
Ouch dude. Take away his job and his smurfs ("making an example of him") and still you dont think he's had enough abuse.

I know nothing about IWD, but I know an individual rights to fair treatment are disappearing from North America.

Patriot act, NDAA (indefinite detention for american citizens), the private federal reserve printing trillions of dollars and giving it to wallstreet and bankers...

It'd be nice to have some respect for people, even on their bad days, because more bad days are coming for us all.

LgIsgk

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSalauD View Post
Nice strawman.
It isn't strawman, you dolt.

I don't expect you to know how to read though, I mean, you do use the Tribunal.

Thedyingninja

12-04-2012

seeing it more and more, riot is catering to this..... how can i explain it...
well its like the difference between school when i was in school (or times before that), and school now.
used to be if 2 kids got into a fight, that was it, and it was over. now you have to call the cops, and everyone has to get counseling and it turns into this huge ordeal.
now we have to coddle everyone and make them feel all warm and fuzzy, and if we say anything negative to anyone about anything its this huge tragedy and youve ruined their life.
hey, guys what, life is tough. when you deal with people, you cant expect them to be nice all the time.
when youre in the middle of doing something, you dont have time to stop and type out some nice message to them, with a compliment sandwich on how they should improve their jungling. suck it up. its life, people dont NEED to be nice to you. and when u get out in the workforce, people arent going to be NICE to you. your boss isnt going to care how you feel, hes going to tell you to do your damn job or hit the door.
we're raising this generation of kids, telling them they can be anything, and setting them up with these stupid expectations that everyrthing is all cotton candy, butterflies, and rainbows. well its not. you cant be whatever you want to be, nobody is going to be nice to you, and nobody cares about your feelings. get over it if someone calls you a noob. i guarantee youll be called far worse in life.
grow up people, for real, its not that big of a deal, and guess what, this dude OBVIOUSLY got results, in the end, thats what matters.

Dalze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFxFireBlaze View Post
You clearly have no idea what you're talking about, one comment related to homophobia, or racism perhaps however there is swearing/harassment in everyone of those sports and none of it is ever punished during day to day operations.

Instead of me doing math, how about you do some research.
ONE comment will not get you suspended, you CLEARLY have no idea what you are talking about. The article I posted, the football player simply spoke against his teammates, he didn't say any racist or homophobic comments, he simply said that his QB was not good enough (granted, in a more angry way) and got suspended.

I don't really need to do much research, you clearly have no clue what goes on in those sports, some trash talk is allowed, but harassment is now. Again, a few weeks ago a player got fined for harassing an official "Oh but he was an official!" so what? What's so different he was still harassing.

I could go on and on and on but you clearly wouldn't understand at all.

Another example
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...earing-at-ref/

Oh no, but that doesn't applies either right? Because it was swearing at a referee? What a joke you are.

Azuredragon653

12-04-2012

I applaud you greatly, Riot, and I think you should do this more often.

NoFxFireBlaze

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeSalauD View Post
Except they're trash talking each others, they're not harassing customers (people playing riots game in this case).
I think you're really reaching for an argument here. All I can say is I've played sports, and I understand how he can get very emotionally vested into the game.

I also know Dignitas is a great organization and this was obviously decided without speaking to them first.

I Love Shannon M

12-04-2012

Correct me if i'm wrong. But wasn't it riot who on purpose told the teams to flame each other at the NA Regional Finals? Remember the Scarra comments on tsm, and the trade back&forth. What about doublelifts comments? I mean, these are role models for other summoners, yet they only punish in-game comments?

I think thats a bit ridiculous, and also hypocritical.

The punishment is definitely way too rough imo. Doublelifts comments have affected tons of people who i'm sure go out to play league and call their teamates&opponents the same flaming they hear, while IWillDominate only affected those few in game that he played.

As I said, it doesn't balance out all the other bad things going on in the scene. IWD just got the bad end of the stick, a stick that trust me, far more than meets the eye are holding unto.

LeSalauD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LgIsgk View Post
It isn't strawman, you dolt.

I don't expect you to know how to read though, I mean, you do use the Tribunal.
It is, if they get suspended in tournaments, why shouldn't they be outside of them too?