IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Davrel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLRMercedes View Post
@Lyte, what is your avatar (like what lore/champion skin did it come from?)
err baron nashor?

LeSalauD

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marven345 View Post
This is a public execution. He is being publicly humiliated by posting his permaban in big letters with Red posts on front page of GD.
Who cares? A profesionnal athlete getting banned from an association would also be a done very publicly.

Hadron Kalideo

12-04-2012

#freeDOM

Dalze

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGooferson View Post
Meh, not sure how you don't understand how a #1 Reddit thread and a League of Legends forum post CREATED by Riot is public humiliation, so I'll skip that point.

Your second point is completely the problem... "they will get punished as well by Riot (not by the tribunal as so many ignorant people in this thread believe)"

Your third point is also a problem, there is no established (publicly available) rule set of being a pro player, there is only the Riot Games ToS. I'm no lawyer, but pretty sure they went above and beyond the punishments set in the ToS here.

Lastly, couldn't care less, these weren't his coworkers, and personally I have indeed raged at managers at my job before... If you're good enough at what you do, nothing happens
I can do nothing but laugh at this post, oh well.

LeSalauD

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojs View Post
wow man he lost his pro gaming job he was making sooooooooo much money oh wait... only the best teams make anything the only money in pro gaming is from streaming
Lol? They actually get decent money from sponsors.

HolyPikeman

12-04-2012

"Dont call people out in the forums"
"Against summoners code"

then posts his account name AND his real name.

Have you no shame? Banning his main and his smurfs, because "we got together and decided to"?

How can people think you are the good guys. You treat people like dirt.

MathMage

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augratafier View Post
It appears that at least NA professional teams have signed salary contracts with a lot of the top teams. Behavior like this could be a breach in contract.

http://www.sk-gaming.com/content/550...ation_revealed

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/08/...-gaming-league
The articles don't actually say anything about the current state of affairs. I do hope this is the case, though.

Renaito Yuujou

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
if you are not a jerk in game you wont be banned.
But that's wrong, and that's the whole point. Every other time I come to this accursed place I see more people getting banned for *NOT* being jerks. *NOT* being a jerk means absolutely nothing. The Tribunal can and will ban for things that aren't even grievances, and the people who condone and permit such things are rewarded with a frivolous ranking system so that they can say "I'm so good I punished people who didn't deserve it!" You obstinately continue to refuse to see this point for absolutely no discernible reason. The Tribunal is cancer and should be gutted. In a Just world, the children who abused the Tribunal for kicks should be punished, but in this world they won't. The bottom line is I'm going to get banned for being trolled and there is nothing I can do about it, and this is somehow not only okay, but it is working as intended. Good freaking job.

NoFxFireBlaze

12-04-2012

I don't even begin to understand this community, I hope Riot enjoys crippling a team like Dignitas who invest money in making your game larger.

Could you even imagine if the NHL, NBA, NFL, or MLB started year long bans for things like swearing, I wouldn't support them and I certainly won't support Riot.

I feel sorry that Riot was blessed with such a great opportunity for e-sports but instead decided to take this approach. The only thing I am in favor of banning for is racism, or cheating. Much like we saw at the WC and Riot had a lackluster response to.

Maeiv

12-04-2012

lol exactly what happened is that he thought since he was a professional, and one of the best in the world (in the sense of being a pro, not one of best junglers), and it made him think he was untouchable, and free to act like a dickhead in soloQ. at least thats what i think happened. I even like team dignitas, but i think they needed to do this.