IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CampJR

12-04-2012

sometimes you have to set an example

burntendz

12-04-2012

Thank GOD he's gone...

He can take his stupid emo haircut with him.

DonVadim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

And now the whole crying community is 1% less butthurted thanks to this decision, l0l.

Hak3n

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Now ban Dyrus so TSM can get a decent top please, the kid is also a troll anyway.

Ai shi teru

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
I get the idea of pulling random cases but I dont get the idea of random "#" of cases mm

Sporq

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pureown1ge View Post
It seems like the ban was just in this case. However, I do think that the tribunal is punishing people who only swear (ESPECIALLY if it wasn't to anybody directly). There's a reason there is a language filter right there on the main menu of the patcher... If these kids are so offended by bad language, they can turn on the filter, if not, then deal with it. I feel like the majority of those in the tribunal are ages 11-15, and vote punish on all these people, because they don't want to see bad language...
You don't seem to realize the point of the language filter. If someone wants to flame and rage and be a jerk to anyone on their team, they can do so without using swear words. Bad language isn't a reportable or bannable offense. Being a jerk, however, is.

Comsteel

12-04-2012

Quote:
The number of games in the Tribunal Case does not reflect how many reports/games it took you to get into the Tribunal.

Let's say a player gets reported 100 times in 100 games. An absurdly high number. The Tribunal then begins building a case for the player. The Tribunal would then randomly sample the player's recent match history and pull a few recent games--it could be 1-5, but this number is not related to how many games or reports got you into Tribunal to begin with.
I have said this before, but if they have say 15 reports over the past 100 games, 15% ... and only 2 of them were valid reports and those 2 are the 2 the happen to show up over the 13 that were not worthy of a report then people get banned for no reason. I do agree people slip up and I understand IWD was toxic but I would say I have seen cases that do not deserve a ban but do get it.

Catbus9

12-04-2012

Quote:

I always wondered about this, Lyte. Why does it ever choose 1 case if there's dozens available? I feel like you're leaving too much to chance in that case. Why not always have it be at least three or so? Even if some people only read the first one before voting, at least the others are there for context for those who are interested.

Sugai

12-04-2012

So, does this mean Lautemortis now gets to jungle for a real team?

That'd be my hope.

I hope Dig can recover to retain it's place as a top 3 NA team.

But you are all right about IWillDominate... You can't blame Riot for the guy being a persistent ******. It's pretty hard to get reported more than any other pro player in the game.

G5 GT

12-04-2012

wtf... tribunal broken. so stupid