IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darksyde

12-04-2012

I'm not sure how ethical it is to release this information in an official post to the public. I remember posts from rioters talking about how this kind of information is confidential unless the player in question authorizes you to share it publicly. Did I Will Dominate tell you that you could post the details of his ban on the forums to make an example of him? He may have deserved the ban but I also believe he has the right to privacy as promised to him by your company.

slifer556

12-04-2012

Why is it called a permaban if the ban is only for a year ?

Jintello

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmonice View Post
so i don't get it...he was permabanned then why is it only for a year instead of 150
like other normal players who get permabanned? so just because he's a pro player means he doesn't get punished like other players who get permabanned? i think the term permabanned was used lightly in the original statement
He as in the PERSON was banned for 1 year from competitive play. All his current accounts were permanently banned. However you can always make new accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
I'm not sure how ethical it is to release this information in an official post to the public. I remember posts from rioters talking about how this kind of information is confidential unless the player in question authorizes you to share it publicly. Did I Will Dominate tell you that you could post the details of his ban on the forums to make an example of him? He may have deserved the ban but I also believe he has the right to privacy as promised to him by your company.
If Riot didn't do it then one of his friends would have made a thread about it and caused a **** storm since it would be one sided. Which is typical of communities like this.

2knowindeed

12-04-2012

He's not banned from the entire competitive scene for the year, just tournaments that count as the "League of Legends Championship Series". Riot can't control what happens at every single tournament so depending on how other organizations responsd he might still play in some tournaments.

Calys Teneb

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
It's a year ban from competition, it's permanent ban for the account.

Do you people seriously think permabanned players don't make new accounts and keep playing?

Renaito Yuujou

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by VIOLENTxSHINOBI View Post
Ahh, so you are young?

Look dude, being happy or angry is all about perspective. If you want to be an agry dick all of the time, so be it. That's your choice but you also have to be ok with said consequences of living that kind of life. If that means getting banned from a video game then you should be OK with it.

You are living the life you are making for yourself. Maybe your parents sucked, maybe they were awesome, maybe you are fat, maybe you are skinny. What really matters though is all of that is today and yesterday, none of that is tomorrow.

I really doubt some stranger on a LoL website will change your perspective on much, but I really hope you find the happiness in life you seem to be without.
I suppose 29 is young for some. I like how you arrogantly assumed that since I said I was depressed for seventeen years that I was seventeen. Perhaps you shouldn't treat everyone like they're children.

As far as consequences go, you seem to have missed everything I've said. I am against the consequence of me being punished for not being a jerk. You are arguing with me for having this stance. I am confused why you would have your stance. Yet I am the "angry dick" between us. Don't you just love how the world works?

VIOLENTxSHINOBI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemmonice View Post
so i don't get it...he was permabanned then why is it only for a year instead of 150
like other normal players who get permabanned? so just because he's a pro player means he doesn't get punished like other players who get permabanned? i think the term permabanned was used lightly in the original statement
Read it again. His account is banned forever. He, the person, cannot play in any tourneys for a year. He could be playing a new account at this very moment and it wouldn't matter since any and all OLD accounts were banned, not any new ones.

Sporq

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by slifer556 View Post
If you actually read the judgement.... the account was permabanned. The PLAYER was banned from competitive play for a year.

SLRMercedes

12-04-2012

Nice to know, although I don't know who IWillDominate is

Retsopmi

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
They don't need his permission.

They are using him as an example to show that pro players aren't above the code. A lot of the pros act like they can say or do whatever they want. Now they might realize there is more at stake if they are ass hats.