IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

xTc Blue

12-04-2012

owned

Sephrinx

12-04-2012

Justice.

AgentComet

12-04-2012

Another reason why Riot is leading the way in eSports. Players needs to be held accountable for their behavior. Well done.

ShadowKlown

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.

Thank you for the clarrification. I was not aware of the dozens/hundreds requirement since it just shows reported in xx games in xx period of time when reviewing. Good to know it's taken that much for it to get there and then only highlights the most recent reports.

Rhiljeryne

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Futurecat View Post
Wow. If there's any chance of an appeal, I hope this gets overturned. As a big fan of the esports scene in general, I don't want to see some smack talk in solo queue games impact my ability as a fan to watch the best of the best play in high level events.

To me this feels like Kevin Garnett getting banned from the NBA for a year because he smack talked some people at the local YMCA pickup game. As much as I think its fine to censure behavior like this, it shouldn't spill over into the professional arena.

This is a very poor precedent, and I hope Riot considers reversing it.

Signed,
-a fan of the game.
Your analogy needs to be modified a bit. This would be like the NBA owning YMCA and him talking smack (probably more than just that) to people in multiple YMCA's across the country, and all of it's caught on the security camera. These people in the pickup games all have memberships and some have money invested into the company. Worst case scenario is one of the victims records it on their phone and posts it up somewhere like youtube which eventually makes its way onto the news. It gets worse if he's a poster boy for the company because in their eyes he's hurting their reputation as much as his own, nevermind the sponsors he has that are pulling out to avoid be associated with him.

People in visible positions of power resign all the time for off hand remarks that get recorded or posted on twitter. Celebrities irl get lawsuits thrown at them all the time because of things like this minor or otherwise. This isn't due to the severity of the crime, but rather the level of exposure and the amount of influence they had.

Edg╦

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiamatsArePro View Post
You show that you have the reasoning and logic skills of a baby carrot.

Wtf does physical assault on a non-sports job have to do with TRASH TALKING IN SPORTS?

You blithering idiot.

Nice comparing apples to giraffes.

Oh my god, you mean to tell me baby carrots have logic. What have I done.I just had some last night. If i knew they were sentient, I would never have murdered them. Please forgive me baby carrots. RIP baby carrots.

GG Magic

12-04-2012

Good riddance. Now Riot needs to discipline these other 'pro' players almost all of which are found in the NA server. Rudeness and harassment are epidemic in North America.

NA has serious issues.

Bean Soup

12-04-2012

I'm really glad to hear this. I've never played with him, but whenever i watched any tournament or stream where he was there, I was very aware of his negative attitude. He really brought the team down and I hope Dignitas can find a more positive jungler that synergizes with them as well as he did.

Pyxidis Vela

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I like Dignitas and if you ask me this is a chance for the to better their self and get back in the game with a new player who can hopefully help them show they are still a force to be reckoned with.

msgerbs

12-04-2012

So, why is he only banned for 1 year? I thuoght the whole point of a PERMANENT ban was that it's... Ya know... Permanent?