IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Stark Midnight

Senior Member

12-04-2012

haha it's funny to see all his fanboys making weak arguments in his defense. The tribunal functions to ban toxic players. Rather they are pro or not. Period. The only thing i can fault Riot with is not banning his sorry ass faster.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thumbnail9

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Tribunal reviewers are encouraged to punish if they even see 1 incident that is worth punishing--that is what they are supposed to do. For a player to even get into the Tribunal they have to have received dozens or hundreds of reports by players that are 'neutral' or 'positive' in the community. The Tribunal system is designed to be extremely conservative and give the benefit of the doubt to the player and always, always avoid false punishes.

For more information about how the Tribunal actually works, there's an FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2411284

There's an additional advanced FAQ here:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2726400

Right now on NA, we went through periods where only about 50% of cases were punished. A lot of players felt the Tribunal was being too lenient, so we've been optimizing and tuning the system. We're currently seeing anywhere from 60-70% punish rates on cases depending on the day of the week. In fact, now that we've removed IP from the Tribunal and introduced Justice Reviews, there are very few players just instant-punishing or spam-punishing.

In IWillDominate's case, his accounts were up for a permanent ban and were reviewed by multiple Rioters on the player behavior team and the eSports team.
So if we see 1 of 5 are negative what's to say that the other reports are not false as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mooninites

Senior Member

12-04-2012

He wasn't even good, easily the weakest link on Dignitas

hilarious and good riddance, If anything, I feel bad for the rest of Dignitas. Obviously it's there fault for having this cancer on their team, but Scarra, Ptoy, and Crumbz genuinely seem to work hard and strive for success


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zeikxx

Junior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrAngels View Post
A good real world analogy would be a guy standing on a street corner, seeing you dressed like a hipster and yelling out "Hey n****r f*g, go f**king kill yourself!"

He is then arrested for harassment.
then released within the same day because you don't surgically remove some one's vocal cords because you don't like the words they say.

You guys are all just a bunch of whiny babies.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaNkSpAdE

Senior Member

12-04-2012

How the hell are you going to perma ban ALL accounts this man uses? That doesn't seem right at all


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vexen IV

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantEvilKitten View Post
Nice to see him step up and accept responsibility I guess.

http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...egends/c7b8mmq
yeah and i bet when the ban is over he will either behave better or get an even longer ban when they get tired of seeing his accounts being consistently reported


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

12-04-2012
7 of 9 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BelligerentGnu View Post
And yet you waited until the preseason - the one time of year when Dignitas doesn't have tourneys to attend and has time to find a replacement - because?

Trying not to be tinfoil hat about this, but seriously. A couple *days* after the last tourney of season 2, you ban a pro player.
This was a collaboration between eSports and Player Behavior. eSports had multiple meetings and discussions with relevant parties on both sides before they made a decision on the verdict and the timing. I'm not as involved in the timing side of things, so I can't speak to it.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeikxx View Post
nah, a real world situation would be if some one is on a street corner yelling about how everyone should join their christian church and you just ignore it and walk away.

Nice Job posting a failed attempt to refute me.
I don't know what's funnier. The fact that you know that your strawman failed hard and you're struggling to your absolute limit to make it work to save face (because you care about looking cool when we don't really care about you or how you come off), or the fact that you don't realize that you're doing making it look even more idiotic the more you defend it.

GG. Enjoy the last word (since your ego demands it to justify a "victory"), everyone with intelligence is pretty much done here.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solari Brigadier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicHart View Post
hey remember when a pro football player didn't get banned for doing that contradicts the integrity of the game?.............me neither. i would have to compare his actions to endomican suh of the lions as he has something in common with dominate. HE HAS NO CLASS AND NO RESPECT FOR HIS PEERS THAT AREN'T ON HIS TEAM. Suh has more fines/suspensions than nearly the entire group of players that got drafted the year he did COMBINED.
*Ndamukong


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Farohcius

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by portugalslegend View Post
You know because when your teammate says, learn to ****ing catch the ball or get the **** off the team you piece of ****, how did you even get drafted? Won't have any affect at all
This leads me to believe you've never played a competitive sport in your entire lifetime because you would hear these things routinely on a football field, sometimes from the coaches.

-edit- come to think of it, MOST OFTEN from the coaches.