Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

epicflyman

12-05-2012

Honestly, I'm glad he's gone.

Pro-gamers are supposed to be the leaders in e-sports. Role models, teachers, friends of the community - This is what we expect from players on internationally-recognized teams. Playful language is one thing, blatant toxicity is another.

It saddens me to think that many players consider abusive behavior the norm in LoL. How do we expect to grow our community if new players are turned away by trash-talking smurfs, let alone the leaders in the sport?

People forget that they used to play just for the fun of it. It's a pity.

jrfnlm508

12-05-2012

Quote:
epicflyman:
Honestly, I'm glad he's gone.

Pro-gamers are supposed to be the leaders in e-sports. Role models, teachers, friends of the community - This is what we expect from players on internationally-recognized teams. Playful language is one thing, blatant toxicity is another.

It saddens me to think that many players consider abusive behavior the norm in LoL. How do we expect to grow our community if new players are turned away by trash-talking smurfs, let alone the leaders in the sport?

People forget that they used to play just for the fun of it. It's a pity.

Grow? at the pro level if someone is playing bad enough to get flamed... are sparks and argument and get his feelings hurt so he reports, then that player deserves to get flamed, at that... any elo should be flamed... if you're willing to dish it out, you best be willing to take it.

jrfnlm508

12-05-2012

Quote:
SplendidSorrow:
Because people in other sports don't get penalized, thrown out of games, fined, etc for getting mad at someone on their team or the other team and performing an unsportsmanlike action right? Oh wait...that does happen in other professional sports...

logic is flawed... this game is about winning... if its not then **** i'm misunderstanding it... when someone loses the game for you because they refuse to co-operate with the team(by in game actions not type) they do not get punished, but the person that is furious about someone wasting 45 minutes of their time is? Not saying that the flamer shouldn't be punished, but the moron that fed in a high elo game or (most likely) elo boosted and has no concept of the game deserves to be punished also.

Thats the major problem with the community, you're all so quick to punish the person that says something when everyone is thinking it... just with any cultural/society issue.... find the root of the problem, don't just punish the people that are a little less passive then others in the game. Being pissed doesnt make someone an extremist and i personally would expect to get flamed if i was playing poorly because i deserve it... if i lose a game for my team then anything that follows that should be out the window.

In this game, its a team game... and when you negatively affect the game making it a 4v6 then that is far more detrimental to the game than any flamer could be.(all my comments are regarding ranked games, public matches are made for learning and utmost enjoying the game, but ranked theres more on the line and winning or lose... other peoples affect on the game reflect in my personal stats and that should not be the way it is).

jrfnlm508

12-05-2012

perhaps if ranked stats(elo) were more so based on personal performance rather than just the win, then people would be far more easy going... Riot should try it and add that to their statistics:P

"when we don't punish an entire team of strangers for one feeder,100% of those players are less aggressive towards eachother"

hmmmm

acosn

12-05-2012

When did it become a game developer's job to moderate their community? What ever happened to just ignoring toxic players?

I mean, its something else if they're intentionally throwing the game, but when its just verbal abuse why does riot need to tell people to put on their big boy pants? Why is it so hard to simply keep a rolling tally of how many times a person gets stuck on ignore? Why is it so hard to then perma-mute that person for a sustained duration when it becomes a problem?

jrfnlm508

12-05-2012

Quote:
acosn:
When did it become a game developer's job to moderate their community? What ever happened to just ignoring toxic players?

I mean, its something else if they're intentionally throwing the game, but when its just verbal abuse why does riot need to tell people to put on their big boy pants? Why is it so hard to simply keep a rolling tally of how many times a person gets stuck on ignore? Why is it so hard to then perma-mute that person for a sustained duration when it becomes a problem?

i asked to be muted, or atleast make it so when i ignore someone they cant see what im typing or saying(like in every other game, even COD has this lol)

Berri Bunny

12-05-2012

Dude. Who gives a ****?

How come you don't make a forum thread for every perma-ban?

Guy was more of a **** than most perma bans around here anyway.

Map Awareness

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Y'see kids? Even pros can get dunked by the Tribunal.

Improve your behavior or Pendragon will cut your ass and use it as a basketball.

NullSilence

Recruiter

12-05-2012

Better late than never.
It's good to see that you really care about good sportsmanship.
Other people could think this was too late, or that you did wrong. I think is a good start, but especially, that is better to take an action than staying silent.

SplendidSorrow

12-05-2012

Quote:
jrfnlm508:
logic is flawed... this game is about winning... if its not then **** i'm misunderstanding it... when someone loses the game for you because they refuse to co-operate with the team(by in game actions not type) they do not get punished, but the person that is furious about someone wasting 45 minutes of their time is? Not saying that the flamer shouldn't be punished, but the moron that fed in a high elo game or (most likely) elo boosted and has no concept of the game deserves to be punished also.

So is every major sport. But if you're unsportsmanlike to your team, the other team, on or off the field you get punished. It doesn't matter if Player B upset you, or Player B played like ****. You will get punished, by your team, or the league. It doesn't matter what they did, its how you acted as a representative of the game, that matters.

Quote:

Thats the major problem with the community, you're all so quick to punish the person that says something when everyone is thinking it... just with any cultural/society issue.... find the root of the problem, don't just punish the people that are a little less passive then others in the game. Being pissed doesnt make someone an extremist and i personally would expect to get flamed if i was playing poorly because i deserve it... if i lose a game for my team then anything that follows that should be out the window

Yup. I'm not ashamed to say I don't want to play with ******s. IWillDominate himself issued an apology on this matter, apologizing for his terrible behavior. If he admits he was wrong, and broke the summoners code, why shouldn't he be punished for it?

No people who rage, regardless of the reason, should be punished. Control your anger. Act like a decent human being. These are all things you agreed to do when you accepted the summoners code. If you can't do that, then yeah you should be punished. Who cares if someone else upset you? You control your own actions, they don't control you. If you break the contract you agreed to, you should be punished.

Quote:

In this game, its a team game... and when you negatively affect the game making it a 4v6 then that is far more detrimental to the game than any flamer could be.(all my comments are regarding ranked games, public matches are made for learning and utmost enjoying the game, but ranked theres more on the line and winning or lose... other peoples affect on the game reflect in my personal stats and that should not be the way it is).

I love your contradiction here..."its a team game, but the rest of my team, and the enemy team should not reflect on my stats". Soooooo many things wrong with that.

Its a team game. You get a team of random people and you're going to end up with a random team. Thems the breaks. You want a group of co-ordinated people who you think actually know what they're doing, then join or make a team.

Either way, your team will affect your stats. You being a jerk to your team, in either case, is probably going to reflect on your stats in a negative way as people generally don't like jerks...