IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Feeder EU

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
eSports is going to be collaborating with Player Behavior and monitoring all pro players in Season 3--especially those participating in the Championship Series.

However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.
I wish I knew the actual stats of pro players reported. Scarra or Nhat have to be the least toxic. Such incredibly nice guys.

Luco

12-05-2012

wow... nine times. No wonder he got banned.

Wild Panic

12-05-2012

Well, while I do feel sad for the player (bans are always sad), this was a step in the right direction. Riot really made an example here.

Atheology

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihaveapotion View Post
so how does this ban work if his mind is set on making a smurf and continuing to "keep his mechanics up to date"?
He'll probably be allowed to do so (make a new account and start from scratch). He just can't compete anywhere.

Shunkwugga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
eSports is going to be collaborating with Player Behavior and monitoring all pro players in Season 3--especially those participating in the Championship Series.

However, IWillDominate had the worst toxicity metrics (by about 300%) compared to other pro players on NA so we had to act sooner rather than later.

So...you're basically going to kill of your own tournament scene.

This sounds like an issue of cutting off your nose to spite your face.

SplendidSorrow

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EFG View Post
Punishment for cheating at world championships: $30k fine. No ban. No tournament dq.
Punishment for raging in solo queue:. 1 year ban from competitive play.

What the actual ****?.
Lets look at the business world...

Punishment for illegally dumping: Fine.
Punishment for breaking your contract multiple times in a highly visible way: Investigation, jail time, lots of negative publicity

Lets look at what happened in LoL

Punishment for cheating at world champs: 30k fine, disqualification
Punishment for breaking the summoners code (your contract as a player) multiple times in highly visible ways as a highly visible player: Investigation, ban of accounts, negative publicity, banned from representing the game for a year in tournaments

Pretty much lines up with real life

LethalPeace

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Panic View Post
Well, while I do feel sad for the player (bans are always sad), this was a step in the right direction. Riot really made an example here.
rofl...never feel sorry for such scums who made numerable players time and experience miserable...

Elitegod06

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
So just curious why do you broadcast his ban and not other peoples bans? Espically disclosing private information, aka his name. Granted, a good portion of people may already know it but this seems highly unprofesional then simply stating pro players are held to the same standards and that (1) had been banned for being toxic.

Im not sure how contracts with teams are laid out but this pretty bad to ban someone from a game then release their real name to million of people, essentialy blacklisting the person and can be construde as attack on the person.
This is more than likely to make an example out of pro players. Most people just can not understand that his toxic rating was way too high to even be realistic. Riot, in my opinion, made the best choice by banning this guy and all of his accounts. Why leave it up to his team to disclose this information leaving them with a bad image even though this already is. This in no way can be considered an attack on the player. Think about Season 2 World Championships where everyone was crying about cheating and unsportsmanlike conduct. This is essentially the same thing but instead of a mass group of cases its one single person who deserves what he got.

SqueezeMeGently

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shunkwugga View Post
So...you're basically going to kill of your own tournament scene.

This sounds like an issue of cutting off your nose to spite your face.
That's only true if they had any intention of banning toxic pro players other than IWillDominate.

They dont.

He's the scapegoat, the PR sacrifice, others will not be getting banned.

TheCinderellaMan

Recruiter

12-05-2012

so i'm a nobody but like everyone else i have an opinion 1:why announce this ban or back when robertxlee got a temp ban why announce these ppl instead of just announcing the incident and even in cases where its not pro players taking the hits i know first hand some people in game can be completely retarded but if they get banned and then they post on your forums simply asking why either a: ban that account from the forums as well and close the thread or b answer them honestly no matter how stupid it may be but don't stoop to there level and make a smart ass remark like the ones i just found not as much in this thread but as in others by riot staff as for dominate i feel sry for him being made an example of but it is true he got him self here