IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

Senior Member

12-05-2012

I don't get it, why do you Rioters feel the need to apologize to this scumbag (him being pro doesn't make him less so) and community for getting rid of his toxicity? Yeah you gonna be politically correct and downvote me for calling him scumbag, but that's just what he is, as well as any other player worthy of a permaban. You did a gj there, I just don't get why is it worthy of a frigging thread. We have better and more urgent things to discuss. Nerf Darius already! Or make another apologetic thread for its very existence


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pilling

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eloquid View Post
... I just don't get why is it worthy of a frigging thread...
Because it sets a pretty huge precedent, not unlike a court case.

Previously, infractions of the summoner code warranted warnings, suspensions, and bans to an account. Now, apparently, it can warrant punishments in the pro scene.

This is a big deal.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kayleorfeed

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilling View Post
Because it sets a pretty huge precedent, not unlike a court case.

Previously, infractions of the summoner code warranted warnings, suspensions, and bans to an account. Now, apparently, it can warrant punishments in the pro scene.

This is a big deal.
happened before


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pilling

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayleorfeed View Post
happened before
When? Source/link?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Areluriya

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by howcanyouslap View Post
While I do not care for the competitive aspect of this game. This just further shows me that the introduction of the tribunal system may not have been a horrible idea but that the process indicated by the "summoners code" is very flawed. In fact the system has been broken for quite some time and only recently it seems riot has made its attempts to fix it. I am more disgusted with riot over this shameless parroting of this person as well as the poor implementation of a system which was initially thrown in to delegate their own work onto other individuals that arent paid for their time(IP is just a silly reward).
Heaven forbid you have an optional way to support a company that produces a game you like for free.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

brightLightEyes

Junior Member

12-05-2012

There is a clear double standard here. You say you banned his smurfs because they were also in violation. Fine, but why can't he make a new account just like anyone else?

If said new account has the same violations, then sure ban it. But banning him from making a new account and playing on it seems a special level of punishment reserved for pro players.

Isn't the whole point of this that you hold pro players to the same standard as everyone else, not a special standard just for them?

Also, isn't the one year time constraint arbitrary as well? I thought you were permanently banning his accounts? If you're going to apply the ruling to his real life identity, why are you changing it from permanent to one year?

tl;dr You are treating this player differently specifically because he is a professional player.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ohohahahn

Junior Member

12-05-2012

Good job Riot.

The pro players represent a well publicized aspect of the game and their attitude affect the game's image. Dominate totally deserves his ban for showing unprofessional attitude time and time again. Riot gave him a fair chance to make money with LoL, and he blew it himself. Let's hope that he can reform himself in one year if he does come back one year later to the LoL Champ Series.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlGFISH

Senior Member

12-05-2012

I would really like to see his tribunal case, the one that was the final permaban.

Also I volunteer to be dignitas's new jungler.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneVendetta

Member

12-05-2012

I just love how blood thirst people are here. No wonder this community is so toxic. It gets even worse, cuz Riot even feeds this behavior by doing public executions and applying unwritten rules as well (ie. banning all smurfs too). You guys are SAD.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eloquid

Senior Member

12-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilling View Post
Because it sets a pretty huge precedent, not unlike a court case.

Previously, infractions of the summoner code warranted warnings, suspensions, and bans to an account. Now, apparently, it can warrant punishments in the pro scene.

This is a big deal.
It's not. Show me where in Terms and Conditions stands that the rest of the world has to take pros ****. This would have much greater impact if went without a word. This way, it's only message "yeah if you're pro, feel free to be toxic, just in extreme cases we would do something about it, and then we'll make you famous even more with thread dedicated to your huge pro personality with 10 riot posts in it".