IWillDominate Tribunal Permaban & eSports Competition Ruling

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Æsc

12-04-2012

Dignitas is my favorite pro team, and i had no idea he was this toxic. All I ever saw was scarra being a nice guy :P. The one thing I'm confused on though is this, do you mean his accounts are perma-banned and he's not allowed to use a different profile to continue playing, or that after one year he'll be able to use his main profile again?

Gun Pierson

12-04-2012

Pro tip: anger management course. If that doesn't work then there's always flipping burgers at MCDonalds, nothing wrong with that. You can wear a cool hat and you're part of a worldfamous team as well.

Jarvan Krislov

12-04-2012

Pros don't have the opportunity to act as role models for other players, they have the Responsibility to do so. Good riddance. Credit to Riot for doing the right thing.

Felicrux

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wosie View Post
So just curious why do you broadcast his ban and not other peoples bans? Espically disclosing private information, aka his name. Granted, a good portion of people may already know it but this seems highly unprofesional then simply stating pro players are held to the same standards and that (1) had been banned for being toxic.

Im not sure how contracts with teams are laid out but this pretty bad to ban someone from a game then release their real name to million of people, essentialy blacklisting the person and can be construde as attack on the person.
Firstly, it's "Especially" "Unprofessional" and "Construed".

Anyways, to comment on your post; His actions spoke for themselves as unprofessional. Despite Riot having given out his name in conjunction with the permaban, team managers would likely be leery to him on a team because of this on his resume. I can't see him being active in the LoL scene once this is all through; the looming threat of possible future misbehavior is a risk that teams might not want to take.

Dauf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I'm glad Riot has taken the time to address this issue.

HM2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Oh, esports, how you amuse me so...

Niqhtmare x

12-04-2012

ouch
him and scarra are like complete opposites

i understand why you're banning his main account, and this will hurt his career, but why are you allowed to ban his smurfs or any smurfs he might create?

i see a lot of banned players create smurfs and are toxic at low levels
why cant you give this punishment to them?

Faeytha

12-04-2012

I applaud for Riot taking action like this. While they've, justifiably, destroyed someone's career, is it necessary to announce it to the world, even using his full name?!
Riot, I don't care what message you're trying to send out. You should be ashamed of yourself. ESPECIALLY you, Lyte. If your tribunal is as amazing as you harp on about constantly, you wouldn't need to do this.
- Make a youtube video about toxic players?
- Make a front page announcement about toxic players and the consequences.
- Change your stupid "Nautilus, he's weird like that" message to something actually useful?

Don't use the end of someone's career like this. His punishment is fully justified but it should end there.

& frankly, Riot sitting on their moral high horse preaching to the masses about player behavior and what it means to have good morals is HILARIOUS:

- Cheat at the biggest eSports tournament EVER, in a one MILLION dollar tournament = fined?
- Dyrus leaks Dignitas strategy (about as immoral as you can get) = no punishment.

Blah.

Akesgeroth

12-04-2012

Good job Riot. This brings eSports one step closer to being taken seriously by the general public. To those who "disagree" with this ban, let me offer this: If a professional hockey, football, basketball or baseball player had been caught repeatedly acting like this, do you seriously think they would not be held accountable for their actions? The fact that some people think that pro players are somehow above others when it comes to behavior is worrying, not to say downright disturbing.

If he ever comes back, maybe he can start thinking about treating other players like ****ing human beings.

Akesgeroth

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faeytha View Post
While they've, justifiably, destroyed someone's career, is it necessary to announce it to the world, even using his full name?!
Blah.
You think this would have gone unnoticed otherwise, and that his full name isn't already known?