Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Iceborn Gauntlet vs Frozen Heart on Skarner

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qeeick

Senior Member

12-04-2012

I can see both being good buys on him, but I think most of the time I would still go fh for the extra armor (30) cdr (5) and it's aura. But I don't think it's a 100% buy on him anymore.

Just if someone forgot gauntlet's passive/doesn't know

Iceborn Gauntlet 3400g (640)
+40 Ability Power
+500 Mana
+60 Armor
+15% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelhan

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Depends which ADC the enemy has. If he's big and dependant on AS, Frozen Heart will always be better.

Iceborn gauntlet is a snowbally item if you already are in the lead if you ask me. I helps the ganks a lot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Situational like everything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

swordcookie

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Wait, when it says deals 125% of base attack damage, does that mean it does NOT include any bonus ad?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WesIey

Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
swordcookie:
Wait, when it says deals 125% of base attack damage, does that mean it does NOT include any bonus ad?

neither triforce or sheen does


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theuberwar

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
swordcookie:
Wait, when it says deals 125% of base attack damage, does that mean it does NOT include any bonus ad?


Correct, like the guy above me said sheen and triforce dont take into account bonus damage either. Which is why its bad on champions like riven with low base damage. Skarner however can make great use of it as i believe he has one of the highest base damages in the game, as well as a spammy enough skillset to keep procs going constantly.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LawlerBrawler

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Iceborn Gauntlet + Manamune on Urgot. Holy **** that could be scary.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sagovirus

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
Qeeick:
I can see both being good buys on him, but I think most of the time I would still go fh for the extra armor (30) cdr (5) and it's aura. But I don't think it's a 100% buy on him anymore.

Just if someone forgot gauntlet's passive/doesn't know
Iceborn Gauntlet 3400g (640)
+40 Ability Power
+500 Mana
+60 Armor
+15% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.



Why choose ? Iceborn Gauntlet is a choice to be made with TF not Frozen Heart.....

You'll probably go both on Skarner for an even better AoE perma slow due to Q/IBG proc stacking....


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Razy6trix

Member

12-04-2012

iceborn gauntlet is ridiculously OP.

too many good stats and a ridiculous permaslow for 3400g.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voidgolem

Senior Member

12-04-2012

Quote:
LawlerBrawler:
Iceborn Gauntlet + Manamune on Urgot. Holy **** that could be scary.


Sheen procs as a whole aren't that great for urgot due to terrible range.

I'd just go quad-cleaver for CDR/Arpen >.>

Quote:
Sagovirus:
Why choose ? Iceborn Gauntlet is a choice to be made with TF not Frozen Heart.....

You'll probably go both on Skarner for an even better AoE perma slow due to Q/IBG proc stacking....


There's no situation where you need or want that much armor outside of ridiculous all-AD comps.


12