Iceborn Gauntlet vs Frozen Heart on Skarner

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Qeeick

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

I can see both being good buys on him, but I think most of the time I would still go fh for the extra armor (30) cdr (5) and it's aura. But I don't think it's a 100% buy on him anymore.

Just if someone forgot gauntlet's passive/doesn't know

Iceborn Gauntlet 3400g (640)
+40 Ability Power
+500 Mana
+60 Armor
+15% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.

Kelhan

12-04-2012

Depends which ADC the enemy has. If he's big and dependant on AS, Frozen Heart will always be better.

Iceborn gauntlet is a snowbally item if you already are in the lead if you ask me. I helps the ganks a lot.

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

Situational like everything.

swordcookie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Wait, when it says deals 125% of base attack damage, does that mean it does NOT include any bonus ad?

WesIey

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordcookie View Post
Wait, when it says deals 125% of base attack damage, does that mean it does NOT include any bonus ad?
neither triforce or sheen does

theuberwar

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by swordcookie View Post
Correct, like the guy above me said sheen and triforce dont take into account bonus damage either. Which is why its bad on champions like riven with low base damage. Skarner however can make great use of it as i believe he has one of the highest base damages in the game, as well as a spammy enough skillset to keep procs going constantly.

LawlerBrawler

12-04-2012

Iceborn Gauntlet + Manamune on Urgot. Holy **** that could be scary.

Sagovirus

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qeeick View Post
I can see both being good buys on him, but I think most of the time I would still go fh for the extra armor (30) cdr (5) and it's aura. But I don't think it's a 100% buy on him anymore.

Just if someone forgot gauntlet's passive/doesn't know
Iceborn Gauntlet 3400g (640)
+40 Ability Power
+500 Mana
+60 Armor
+15% Cooldown Reduction

UNIQUE Passive - Spellblade: After using an ability, your next basic attack deals bonus physical damage equal to 125% of your base Attack Damage to surrounding enemies and creates a field for 3 seconds that slows enemies inside by 35% - 2 second cooldown.

Why choose ? Iceborn Gauntlet is a choice to be made with TF not Frozen Heart.....

You'll probably go both on Skarner for an even better AoE perma slow due to Q/IBG proc stacking....

Razy6trix

12-04-2012

iceborn gauntlet is ridiculously OP.

too many good stats and a ridiculous permaslow for 3400g.

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawlerBrawler View Post
Iceborn Gauntlet + Manamune on Urgot. Holy **** that could be scary.
Sheen procs as a whole aren't that great for urgot due to terrible range.

I'd just go quad-cleaver for CDR/Arpen >.>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sagovirus View Post
Why choose ? Iceborn Gauntlet is a choice to be made with TF not Frozen Heart.....

You'll probably go both on Skarner for an even better AoE perma slow due to Q/IBG proc stacking....
There's no situation where you need or want that much armor outside of ridiculous all-AD comps.