Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@morello - I fixed pick pocket for you

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Crowcide

12-04-2012

The Problem:
Pickpocket in it's current form is unusable on melee supports. Melee supports can't harass with auto attacks - if a melee support is auto attacking they are going for a kill. Why would nunu risk losing at least 1/2 his hp to run up to the enemy, auto attack once, then run away for 5 gold every 5 seconds. Ranged support can harass all day and get the free gold. A 2 gold difference doesn't represent the increase in difficulty for an melee to use this mastery.

Current Version:

Melee auto attacks on champions grant 5 bonus gold and ranged auto attacks on champions grant 3 bonus gold for each auto attack (5 second cool down)

Changed to:

Ranged auto attacks on champions grant 3 bonus gold for each auto attack (5 second cool down)

If a melee auto attack kills a minion both you and a nearby allied champion are granted the gold for the kill (45 second cool down)

smXho

12-04-2012

Is it me, or if i am playing Leona and Taric support, i will go deeper much deeper in defense mastery?

and then my super tankiness is able to stun lock the enemy and get the kill our ADC need and in terms yield assist gold

Luckybed

12-04-2012

Quote:
smXho:
Is it me, or if i am playing Leona and Taric support, i will go deeper much deeper in defense mastery?

and then my super tankiness is able to stun lock the enemy and get the kill our ADC need and in terms yield assist gold

This addresses the problem. AA for gold is not that big of a deal. Forfeiting survivability is huge in the game.

Bossob

12-04-2012

~10-20 gold every 45 seconds for melee? Wouldn't that make pickpocked worse? Imo, they should just reduce/remove the CD for pickpocket on melee champs. That way, they can rack up gold when they go balls deep whereas ranged supports just build up gold from harass.

relevantex

12-04-2012

The Problem:
Pickpocket in it's current form is unusable on melee supports

The Solution:
Don't waste a point in Pickpocket on melee supports

ZyraTheJinx

12-04-2012

Quote:
Bossob:
~10-20 gold every 45 seconds for melee? Wouldn't that make pickpocked worse? Imo, they should just reduce/remove the CD for pickpocket on melee champs. That way, they can rack up gold when they go balls deep whereas ranged supports just build up gold from harass.

Then all melees take it.

Infinite gold yi

Crowcide

12-04-2012

Quote:
Bossob:

Better than the 0 gold they get now for not being able to use the ability

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

The problem: Pickpocket doesn't help you if you camp the bush.

the solution: Murder some doods instead of camping the bush. Melee supports have all the initiation, after all.

Comrade281

12-04-2012

Quote:
relevantex:
The Problem:
Pickpocket in it's current form is unusable on melee supports

The Solution:
Don't waste a point in Pickpocket on melee supports

lol +1

Crowcide

12-04-2012

Quote:
Voidgolem:
The problem: Pickpocket doesn't help you if you camp the bush.

the solution: Murder some doods instead of camping the bush. Melee supports have all the initiation, after all.

And they use that initiation once every few minutes if you are playing in anything above 1200 elo.