liandry's torment on singed

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RexSaur

12-04-2012

Not really that great on singed.

Magnasmash

12-04-2012

Amumu with Rylai's.

TerasDominicus

12-04-2012

Liandrys torment will probably be good on every single mage that relies on damage and not on utility.

I am thinking Viktor , Brand , Leblanc as well , will benefit alot from it .

CandyPuffs

12-04-2012

If you actually calculate the damage it gives, its 2.5% of current health over 5 seconds (.5% per second). So if we assume our target has 3000 HP then we get the following:

At 100% HP: 15 bonus damage per second (the same as 50 AP on his poison trail).

At 75% HP: 11.25 bonus damage per second (The same as 37.5 AP on his poison trail).

At 50% HP: 7.5 bonus damage per second (The same as 25 AP).

At 25% HP: 3.75 bonus damage per second (The same as 12.5 AP).

If you have a Rylai's, the bonus damage is doubled.

Its a good late game item on him, but I wouldn't touch it till then.

MorgManBasher

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper View Post
any aoe tank, mummy comes to mind.
Freaking ammumu will be happy.

Hell, mundo wouldn't mind this item either probably if you wanted to do magic pen mundo.

drzombieface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorgManBasher View Post
Really? Seems like it just murders the Hell out of minions. I haven't tried it yet in a real game yet.
Oh, of course it murders the hell out of minions. Minions are squishtastic.

I was referring to the damage not being that noticeable on enemy champions once they have most of their build completed. It's certainly not going to bother any tanks/bruisers/fighters with some MR.

It feels like Singed with Liandry's has the same problem people experienced with Haunting Guise not too long ago, as in it doesn't really do much past the early/mid- game.

In a long, drawn- out fight, or against very low hp enemies, the extra damage from the burn will start to make a huge difference, but in a short/average length teamfight, it's hard to see the difference it makes on anything but the squishiest of champions.

Liandry's will probably be a better choice on a DoT Mage like Swain, but I don't think Singed should be building enough AP for his Q to abuse Liandry's like people expect it to.

I suspect it could be used in a build that's geared towards sticking to an enemy carry, but not much else.

This isn't saying that Liandry's is bad on Singed, it's just that he has better options, or different things he needs, eg: RoA, Ohmwrecker, Archangel/Seraph, Bulwark and GA, Rylai's etc.

daibuh7

12-04-2012

Amumu, and Sejuani would benefit... also, Teemo Shrooms!

MTaur

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
If you actually calculate the damage it gives, its 2.5% of current health over 5 seconds (.5% per second).
The *duration* is halved, not the DPS. So the 1.66% per second is unchanged. The duration of the poison essentially reapplies at least enough to make up for the lost duration. Longer if they stand in the cloud.

It's definitely a lot better after Rylai's, though. Sej could benefit more from Liandry's because she has slows on her passive and all of her skills but W.

Rengarir

01-08-2013

I have found it to be AMAZING on Singed! ESPECIALLY late game. Singed usually falls off late game, but with this item you do a percentage of their health, so... yeah. Although it doesn't give you much defenses, it DOES give you 200 HP, which you will be VERY thankful for when you escape with 117 HP. So yes, Liandrys Torment on Singed is amazing.

Zulayaisocoolomg

01-08-2013

as a last item or second to last, yes