So Magic pen and Armor pen alike was nerfed because of the way it calculates now

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphazonex

12-04-2012

But doesn't this indirectly buff flat armor and flat MR runes and masteries? I know that the runes at least, weren't touched unless they nerfed them with out saying so. So early game, you have less pen to try and get through all that extra MR and armor.

Or am I thinking of this wrong?

Alphazonex

12-04-2012

Curious bump

Everspace

12-04-2012

Opposite.

Because of the way Pen now works, it's easier to kill people with high defenses. It does however make early game a little less scary on both sides, but you also give up late/mid-game power.

gsai

12-04-2012

Every form of penetration got directly nerfed but only % pen in combination with flat pen got buffed from this change.

Therefore, if you aren't investing in both flat and %, it got nerfed, otherwise its a buff.

This probably to help AD casters I assume who have stronger base damage on their abilities and invest in a lot of Armpen.

Dyto

12-04-2012

% Pen buff
Flat pen nerf

armor/mr about even because one of the pen was nerfed one was buffed, its about the same.

CandyPuffs

12-04-2012

I dunno man. Considering I can zero out 150+ armor on talon while having 400+ AD...

Only fools pledge life to armor.

djump

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

12-04-2012

The change in calculation ONLY Buffs penetration. Before, there was a conflict between % and flat, because flat was applied first so you would get less bang for your buck from %. Now percent is calculated first so you get full bang from your buck for both. i.e: they synergize appropriately now instead of inefficiently stacking

the only thing that got nerfed is a slight nerf to flat penetration runes. Also, a few penetration items had their values adjusted, but neither flat or % penetration itself was nerfed

notanxj9smurf

12-04-2012

and then olaf builds a black cleaver and laughs at everyone.

Voidgolem

12-04-2012

Urgot with four black cleavers (for CDR/Flat Arpen)

GAME OVER: RETURN OF MIDGOT. YOUR ARMOR IS WORTHLESS.

AA247

12-04-2012

the masteries were nerfed. armor and resist give only 5 instead of 5