Shaco!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnaldRamen

12-04-2012

Thoughts on the changes from a Shaco's point of view?

Looks to me like Jungle Clown MIGHT have too much trouble now or be dead entirely. Will require testing. However, AP clown or support clown might be better than he was before with all the actives floating around. Lamia's Lament, D-Fire, Gunblade, Twin Shadows, Deathcap.

Shacô Bot

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnaldRamen View Post
Thoughts on the changes from a Shaco's point of view?

Looks to me like Jungle Clown MIGHT have too much trouble now or be dead entirely. Will require testing. However, AP clown or support clown might be better than he was before with all the actives floating around. Lamia's Lament, D-Fire, Gunblade, Twin Shadows, Deathcap.
from the PBE I could still do smiteless blue starting boots and 3 pots as long as I got 3 boxes down and this is without any help.

Try runing for AS and Arpen/armor.

Everspace

12-04-2012

He's gained some very nice tools due to the Melee-carry boost in items.

The leashing rules, even when considering the bonus damage to boxes are definitely in his favor, so I expect to hopefully see him more often.

Shacô Bot

12-04-2012

what I'm confused about is the build that's something I have to work on.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Because of how the new leash mechanics work, I believe his boxes will generally tank for you now under all circumstances. He also benefits from the majority of the damage and health being in one camp since he wasn't an AoE jungler. He also isn't impacted by the inability for people to leash since he never relied on a leash to jungle anyway.

Many new items will directly benefit Shaco as well. He has a lot more options available.

Thunderfrog

12-04-2012

Shaco is going to be in a weird place, but I assume he's going to continue being a lvl 2 ganker, unlike most junglers who are going to be stuck in the jungle now for awhile.

Depending on what the new protocol becomes for leashing for your jungler, I imagine I will try...

Starting at red with Shaco-Box, get lvl 2.

After that, it depends if I can level to 3 killing only the big wraith and big wolf. (The point being taking less damage before ganking.)

If so, I'll go gank/counter jungle at 3. If not, I'll just make my way up and gank at a camp since the jungle's harder, and counter jungling becomes more powerful.

Shaco ftwin

12-04-2012

Yeah Shaco is going to be boss. boxes taking hits, they still obviously have the fear for delayed damage anyway. And if you're good, you will be behind your target doing 20% damage while your boxes tank a lot of the damage.

JohnaldRamen

12-04-2012

Fair enough! You all make valid points about his prowess as a jungler still. I was just worried about it. Granted, I still do want to give him another go as AP with all the fancy new toys he can play with.

Scyfex

12-04-2012

I don't think the buff to buff route is possible anymore.

But instead he got a Godly buff because you can counterjungle the enemy to **** extremely easily now. Just take blue and then gank the enemy at their red for level 3 and red buff.

smXho

12-04-2012

Banana of Command + Jiz in the box is too much fun on AP Shaco

Try it