Pickpocket is overrated

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

essentially 10 minutes of laning with your adc, you'll get around 300 gold. I'll take that for 1 mastery point lol. especially if you get to a point where you're losing and you need gold :/

Steven Mcburn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buk Wild View Post
1: If you aren't doing that then you're a bad support and have no presence in the lane anyways

and

2: Supports will and have always gone 21 in utility since last season
If you are doing that you're constantly forcing your lane to be pushed. It says auto-attacks, not spells or anything. When you draw minion agro you slowly push the lane from your side to theirs.

lucypwns

12-04-2012

if u remove the cd, your gonna see it on mid, top, bot, come on man think

iainB85

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoseByWinning View Post
"Grants 5 gold for melee champions and 3 gold for ranged champions for each basic attack against a champion" (5 second cooldown)

The 5 second cooldown, alone, persuaded me to not pick up the mastery.

5 second cooldown when normal attack speeds for support vary from 0.6-1.0 (without zekes AS buff). That only offers a maximum of 60 gold for melees or 36 gold for ranged supports a minute. If perfectly executed, it would only be slightly better than a gp10 for a melee support and far worse than a gp10 for ranged support.

So what are supports supposed to do? Attack a enemy hero every 5 seconds? Hit once and run away? Because once you start the cooldown, there would be no point to risk dying to continue hitting an enemy champion.

And if you poke once, the enemy player can always just count out 5 seconds and expect another poke, so they can prepare to nuke the hell out of you when the cooldown is near 4 seconds.

Remove the cooldown and then pickpocket would be a worthy investment.
Removing the cool down would be absurd on high AS champions.

It's fine just how it is.

It provides a little extra income to supports where previously they had none, it's not meant to be a cash cow.

ILoseByWinning

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucypwns View Post
if u remove the cd, your gonna see it on mid, top, bot, come on man think
And I would GLADLY lane against someone who takes it.

Oh, what's that? You're top lane and you took Pickpocket?
It's ok, we're both ad melee and I'm only outdpsing you or outtanking you with my mastery points in the offense and defense trees.

You would win lane, by zoning and winning trades, for the cost of a few gold.

Heal n Peel

12-04-2012

You aren't attacking the enemy for the free gold, you're doing it to harass.

A proper use of pickpocket is to simply play like you don't have it. Keep harassing and zoning the opponent. That extra 3 or 5g is just a bonus, not the goal.

Tuesti7c

12-04-2012

Remove the cd and attack speed teemo is now the richest in the game. No one wants that...

JesterTheJoker

12-04-2012

On ranged supports its amazing.. On someone like Taric on the other hand... its fairly lack luster, because to get that 5 gold, you going to take a bunch of damage.

Paper

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mcburn View Post
If you are doing that you're constantly forcing your lane to be pushed. It says auto-attacks, not spells or anything. When you draw minion agro you slowly push the lane from your side to theirs.
Have you ever played support...?

ProfDrDeath

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoseByWinning View Post
And I would GLADLY lane against someone who takes it.

Oh, what's that? You're top lane and you took Pickpocket?
It's ok, we're both ad melee and I'm only outdpsing you or outtanking you with my mastery points in the offense and defense trees.

You would win lane, by zoning and winning trades, for the cost of a few gold.
To bad I am ranged, and I can hit you at least every 3 seconds with no repercussions.

With my new gold, I'll buy a bit of gear, and suddenly be way ahead of you.