Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Random Freezing and Disconnects

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estafreak

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Okay so here is my problem, ever since the Zed patch League of Legends will randomly freeze and i disconnect for about 2 minutes. In these 2 minutes I am unable to do anything, I cannot even alt tab to do something while I wait. It happens at random occurrences, sometimes right as the game starts and others 40 minutes in, in the middle of a team fight, It's a frequent problem and i have no idea what it is. There are no "Error Messages" that pop up, nothing really pointing to what my problem could be. I'm just a casual gamer and I don't really know much about computers but the simple things like running fixes and other sorts of things, I know more then the basics though. I have a feeling that it is my Graphics Drivers crashing, but before I go through that process I want to see if there is anyone with a similar problem and a simpler solution. I am currently on Windows Vista, with a 5 year old computer (need to upgrade i know), and get ~25-~35 fps each game sometimes lower. If anyone has any good feedback then It would be appreciated.

Blaster8282

01-27-2013

I don't know about lag for two whole minutes, but if you are freezing every few seconds and in team fights where you like jump around, it is PROBABLY your fps. If you get about 25 - 35 fps in the lane... in team fights that may drop to 10 and lower... And that is when the bad fps lag happens... Idealy you want at least 50 and probably want the 75 fps. If you have low fps, try lowing your graphics on the game

Shmoses

01-27-2013

I would start by updating your graphic drivers. Its a pretty common place to start. Also make sure Windows is fully updated as well.