New item balance

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Transairion

12-03-2012

Quote:
•New Items◦
The following items are new and will be available on Summoner's Rift:

■Jungle-Focused: Hunter's Machete, Spirit Stone, Spirit of the Ancient Golem, Spirit of the Spectral Wraith, Spirit of the Elder Lizard
■Support-Focused: Shard of True Ice, Mikael's Crucible, Banner of Command, Twin Shadows
■Attack-Focused: Runaan's Hurricane, Zephyr, Sword of the Divine, Mercurial Scimitar, Liandry's Torment, Statikk Shiv
■Defense-Focused: Frozen Fist, Ohmwrecker
5 Jungle items, 4 Support items, 6 AD items, 2 Tank items

Way to encourage build variety Riot, what tanks will ever want to build these two when we already have better options? And why introduce an item that disables towers after nerfing towers to non-threat status anyway?

I play tanks mainly as both the new options seem rather subpar, how come we didn't get exciting new tank items to play with? Instead Omen is just made into even more of a "take it or you're noob" item.

Shinomi

12-03-2012

That would be because tanks use more than JUST tank items....Do you just build flat armor or MR, I think not!

ihave2cows

12-03-2012

but... that is a lot of variety? whats the problem here? Besides, tanks are usually in the jungle, and that ancient golem spirit is pretty damn awesome.

Transairion

12-03-2012

Quote:
That would be because tanks use more than JUST tank items....Do you just build flat armor or MR, I think not!
So you build Infinity Edge on Rammus? Or Deathcap?

I was under the impression building HP, armor and MR WAS what the tank did. Only two defense-focused items, and Ohmwrecker is useless to a tank... towers were never a threat past level 1, and they've been nerfed. Ohmwrecker is a "for the lulz" item at best.

Narvuntien

12-03-2012

Tanks normally build Support items these days.. or are supports themselves.

A lot of teams just don't need a tank at all they can play three Tanky DPS instead.

True tanks are dead long live the Off Tank.

Brinzy

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transairion View Post
So you build Infinity Edge on Rammus? Or Deathcap?
Yeah that's totally what that guy had in mind when he suggested buiding more than tank items. I guess things like Abyssal Scepter shouldn't be built either.

And, true tanks are awful to build item-wise. If someone can function as a "true tank" to begin with, it's probably because they have enough CC to get away with it and would benefit with auras.

Transairion

12-03-2012

Quote:
Tanks normally build Support items these days.. or are supports themselves.

A lot of teams just don't need a tank at all they can play three Tanky DPS instead.

True tanks are dead long live the Off Tank.
Rammus does not find this ok

I miss the days where some poor Blind Pick team went all AD and I was Rammus at the time... so glorious to actually be able to tank as a tank.

Would've enjoyed some new interesting tank items... I don't see why ranged AD needed so much more stuff to play with, AD casters should be getting all the love.