Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][Major] teemo way too op

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Komeiji Koishi

12-04-2012

Teemo is far from OP. Put him against Leblanc/Ahri/Annie/Karthus and he'll get blown up. Lategame Tryndamere destroys Teemo because blind only lasts 2.5 seconds and slow counters his W. Anyone with merc's will reduce the blind duration AND the slow from his ultimate.

KyroRayne

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Quote:
TheTieThatBinds:
I would almost NEVER get Merc treads on teemo. Zephyr has tenacity on it already. Plus, Magic pen or attack speed gives more.

The way I've been building my teemo is first build Magic Pen boots, then Kage's Lucky Pick, Zephyr, Liandry's Torment, RDC, (insert defensive item here), usually a GA. I also upgrade Kage's Lucky Pick to the one with 45 AP and mana regen with the active on it, dont remember the name. Later on you can sell it and replace it with something better like Abyssal Scepter or Void Staff.

I had said Zephyr because of the ms boost, but I would actually promote Boots of Swiftness instead of merc treads now that I remember that those decrease slow duration as well. Those plus Furor are great. Liandry's Torment only proc's on Q and Shrooms, so it wouldn't be that useful in a fight as BotRK. I prefer more of AD Teemo than AP, though I might change things up with the Mastery: Spell Blade. 5% of your AP isn't much though unless you have the AS to continually apply it.

Ashurion

12-04-2012

Why is this in the form of a bug report?! D:

KyroRayne

Recruiter

12-04-2012

Because the OP isn't quite all there in the head. :P

Draconic74

12-04-2012

Quote:
OMGWTFROTFLBBQ:
Teemo is far from OP. Put him against Leblanc/Ahri/Annie/Karthus and he'll get blown up. Lategame Tryndamere destroys Teemo because blind only lasts 2.5 seconds and slow counters his W. Anyone with merc's will reduce the blind duration AND the slow from his ultimate.

Why would you put him in a lane where he can't kill people... I mean, why don't we just have our jungler jungle THEIR side of the map? That's stupid. You don't choose lanes based on where you think you have the best chance of losing. -_-

From what I have seen, Teemo goes in top lane almost always against a melee bruiser (or another Teemo) puts a point into movequick and maxes poison and blind. Congrats, he can now trade with almost anything top lane has to offer. I think Warwick, Yorick, and Panth could be decent counters due to either range and heavy non-AA damage or ludicrous sustain and easy MR paths.

At 6 it becomes extremely difficult to gank if he himself buys a pink ward. Fancy that, a 125g items counters your 125g item that counters his ult.

Komeiji Koishi

12-04-2012

Quote:
Draconic74:
Why would you put him in a lane where he can't kill people... I mean, why don't we just have our jungler jungle THEIR side of the map? That's stupid. You don't choose lanes based on where you think you have the best chance of losing. -_-

From what I have seen, Teemo goes in top lane almost always against a melee bruiser (or another Teemo) puts a point into movequick and maxes poison and blind. Congrats, he can now trade with almost anything top lane has to offer. I think Warwick, Yorick, and Panth could be decent counters due to either range and heavy non-AA damage or ludicrous sustain and easy MR paths.

At 6 it becomes extremely difficult to gank if he himself buys a pink ward. Fancy that, a 125g items counters your 125g item that counters his ult.

1. OP stipulates that Teemo is overpowered.
2. I list counters to Teemo (or any RADC which is what he built on Teemo).
3. Therefore, Teemo is not overpowered.

Also, by your logic, if the enemy team is smart enough they'll just put their AP top to counter Teemo. After all, if you know that Teemo is going to dominate Jax top, why put Jax top in the first place?

"You don't choose lanes based on where you think you have the best chance of losing."

Gadalar

12-05-2012

When teemo can do that much damage he has 1 gimmick and that gimmick is using Q and auto attacking while you are blinded while placing a shroom over himself.

Now this is difficult for melee and range to handheld because Teemo is literally your natural counter weather he goes ad or ap.

So what counters teemo? For ad it's difficult, this basically means you get a cleanse. Yet for AP you are Teemos counter as long as you get a revive on you.

I know this cause I've been killing teemos in the beta with AP zilean with a couple of support items.

Yet I live cause of Zileans ult while Teemo does not.

I got teemo mad enough to change his build so while he could now in a sense counter me he opened himself up for my team with his change.

So ask yourself how versatile is your team setup and how are you managing priority targets as a team.

MedievalMan

12-05-2012

why is this thread on the PBE section and labeled in bug format?

Last Fantasy

12-05-2012

Teemo is quite strong. His set is very effective. The poison is very strong when doubled with AS.

However, Teemos die. They die. They die a lot.

Any full combo mage, doesn't even have to be the deadly Tibbers combo or the Silencing Mark of Death but even weaker mages such as Lux will demolish teemo with a full combo. Unless the game has scaled into serious overtime almost all bursts will wipe out a Teemo. AD carry ults such as Bullet Time will melt Teemo before he can flee from the AOE.

DarkPsyLord

12-06-2012

Quote:
LegitGreenPoop:
ive known this for a while just check out how well i did playing as teemo

http://img571.imageshack.us/img571/2079/teemol.jpg

in team fights i pulled off 2 quadra kills the 1 quadra it was a 4v4 other i was focused and wasnt able to kill the 5th before i died but i was focused in the 2nd fight by 3-4 people and i still pulled a quadra isnt that a little op

downvote pls