Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Keep the sign-ups closed longer than what it should be.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Et?rnal Demon

12-03-2012

Hey there. I know this sounds bad for people that are willing to "help" Public Beta Environment, but this would make everything else worse.

We are having 60 minutes login queues. I used to play (PBE) when it got out. The problem it had was, The 60 minutes queues were not to login, but to find a game. Now it takes a few seconds and youre already matched up.

This is completely crazy. I find this intersting to see a testing environment growing up quickly like this.

However, people complaining about sign-ups closure is totally making me upset. People clearly say "Let me register so I can play PBE". Good. Thats nice to hear. But have you thought about logging in? If wed open the sign ups after a 3 months closure, imagine, just imagine the amount of people that would eventually login to the server.

The login queues are already heavy. Right now they hit most likely a one hour queue. Which is not that bad. Nevertheless, when a big patch hits the PBE server, the queues can raise up to 3 hours, and in weekends, it can go up to 5 hours.

With this amount of people awaiting the opening of the sign-ups, you can eventually except a 7 hours login queue, if not more.

This is sad to hear. I have been quite decreasing my PBE activities, since I want to let people enjoy the server, as ive been enjoying it for almost a year.

===
Problem is:
-The PBE was meant for North America regions at first. (They still allow it worldwide).
-People banned on live servers, come on PBE to share a bit more of their toxicity. (They do not risk being banned)
-When signups are up, people usually create up to 3 accounts to assure themselves a longer run before the sign ups re-open.

I have been suggesting this idea in June, but got downvoted a lot. I have seen other summoners sharing out the same idea, and I just think it is more needed than ever.
--
To reduce login queues we should have our account linked on a live server(Worldwide) and it should be level 20 or higher.

This could possibly help a lot the dedicated testers, and have less games with toxic players.

==
Please, add your comments below.

ploki122

12-03-2012

Quote:
RiotPhageQuit:

How do I join?

Sign-ups are currently closed. We expect them to open back up around late December but that date may change.

taken from the FAQ

Et?rnal Demon

12-03-2012

Thanks for reading what I said ploki. Gladly appreciate you took the time.

This wasnt a question. It was a feedback. A suggestion. Keep the sign ups closed longer than they should be.

natrol

12-03-2012

Main problem is people have no fear of bans and they instanly get a lvl 30 account with free IP/RP, this leads to very high levels of trolling in games.

CormacDunn

12-03-2012

Quote:
natrol:
Main problem is people have no fear of bans and they instanly get a lvl 30 account with free IP/RP, this leads to very high levels of trolling in games.

Not sure who keeps informing new folks that they don't ban on PBE, thats entirely false. PBE bans harder and faster then the regular servers, and the reports go directly into the hands of Riot staff.

Et?rnal Demon

12-03-2012

Quote:
CormacDunn:
Not sure who keeps informing new folks that they don't ban on PBE, thats entirely false. PBE bans harder and faster then the regular servers, and the reports go directly into the hands of Riot staff.

I confirm. Nevertheless, when signups open, people that managed to get banned the days before, will tend to create few accounts making sure hes safe from playing PBE even though hes toxic.

Id call that a free server.

Zoram

12-03-2012

Quote:
CormacDunn:

Are you kidding? No they don't. Reports are %100 ignored.

F0xyF0x

12-03-2012

How about opening another 2nd PBE server?

Et?rnal Demon

12-04-2012

Quote:
F0xyF0x:
How about opening another 2nd PBE server?

For a testing environment im not sure if they really want to get another server. These cost a lot.

Et?rnal Demon

12-04-2012

Any one want to share their thoughts?