Preseason 3 Patch Notes

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kehrez

12-05-2012

Here's my feedback:
Jungle: The Season 3 jungle is meant to balance out every jungler, single-target or aoe, so that all of them have the same pace, and no jungler has a real advantage. I've tried playing single target jungling, and It's much harder now. Taking any buff at level 1 will take quite alot of your health, despite potions, or Hunter's Machete, it's much more probable now that you have to recall before even ganking in the first 5 minutes. Single target jungling was supossed to be more balanced now, but in my opinion, it is much harder than it used to be, and every time I jungle, I have to recall before ganking because of my loss of health. This is my main concern.

New UI: As much as I like the new User Interface, it's distracting, it's blending with the game is not as excelent as the old UI, and this one seems to cause a bit of a distraction of my attention when playing, the colors and the detail (The textured health bars for example), are quite distracting in game, and may cause gameplay to be less focused.

In general, I love the new patch, it's a great game change, and I'm getting comfortable with the new principles of the game, the jungling, and ganking, as well as the new item combinations, it's a great patch and it's well done, all it needs is a bit of patching here and there. Good Job Riot!

Berri Bunny

12-05-2012

Bad changes.

Syronide

12-05-2012

You ****in dropkicks you ****in broke black cleaver i hate you guys for ****ing ever **** you **** **** ****

tl;dr **** you riot

Crimson Robin

12-05-2012

I have read the forums here and have played well over ten matches since the patch was released, so I feel I can make a good assessment thus far.

Jungling: You were on track with with, but not quite there yet. I feel the amount of damage needs to be lowered just slightly and the health tweaked per camp. That way solo target junglers CAN focus. I notice a lot of junglers are giving up and just laning/ganking because it is too difficult to level. including a WW that we were with.

UI: I know a lot of people are complaining it looks like Dota. Let them complain, because they are just going to find something else to complain about. There is no need, it is clean and crisp and gives a much more steamlined appearance. I would like if the borders were a LITTLE smaller since it blocks some screen when playing purple.

Shop: Love. Period.I know too many people that would fumble looking for items before, now they can search. Perfect.

Item changes: I must say not having heart of gold hurts tanks. Bad. And the loss of that gold means they can only truly rely on the gold that generates itself. Especially when soloing top lane. Also no force of nature does remove an element of tank strategy that was there previously. That being said I like most of the adjustments to items, it balanced it and makes it easier get early game items and gives you more options to turn them into.

New Items: Love them for the most part, though a lot of people are reluctant to use them. Some of them need balancing in game. I do love more options for magic pen. Love the shard of true ice.... but there are some that are underpowered and lose purpose late game. Especially the jungle items.

I play support primarily and I LOVE the way they were balanced. It is much easier to climb into double digit assist and keep going early on. Also each back gives a better advantage. Though some of the ad masteries need to be returned. No life steal in ad mastery tree cripples some champs.

SumHK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

this update is too bad
UI too complicated
and i bought a ward and error make the game colsed!

ReserecktedSoul

12-05-2012

Riot, Your the biggest idiots why would you tale black clever out? Plus you've basically screwed all the bloody Builds and destroyed so many peoples enjoyment in this game.

Bill the cat20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2012

everything looks great i love learning new items and having variety. now if we can fix death recap i will be content.

Elite Midget

12-05-2012

My gawd... That jungle looks brutal, some junglers just wont be able to survive in it.

BattleBiscuit2

12-05-2012

I both love the changes and lol'ed at the guy that's -1'ing all the positive posts while +1'ing the criticism.

Once people are set in their ways, they're reluctant to change. If this thread isn't proof of that, I don't know what is.

Also, inb4butthurt-1

Rutank

12-05-2012

Biggest complaint, why bother buying cutlass if it's still 10%, with the removal of life steal 3% from masteries and cutlass staying 10% rather than 15% i notice no change in acquiring the life steal item until i have like 200 AD. This particularly effects people like jax, although many think he's op, with no dorans, and just a cutlass i need two items to gain significant amount of life back to sustain vs someone like Olaf, Irelia, Darius which all seemed in s2 strong enough to compete but will completely dominate in s3 because they already have that advantage early game but now with jax not having that built in life steal, he's almost useless. Olaf early game vs jax is already strong, now with jax not being able to heal up properly after a combo it's even worse on him. Olaf having the 10% scepter + his w make him tanky enough to go 2v1 with no problem but jax lack's those items. Same with irelia, she's going to be way over powered with her w also healing her and once activated will add even more pain to someone who cannot sustain. Cutlass before went from 15% now it's 10%. With the removal of lifesteal from the aggressive portion of the masteries, lifesteal items shouldn't be nerfed to counter the removal of lifesteal in the masteries tree. They should stay at the same pace since both dorans blades are also nerfed. I don't know what you will do about this, but i'm quite sure jax is going on the retired list for me right now, which is annoying because he's my #1 played and i'm probably going to switch to irelia or olaf since they're going to be the clear FOTM due to their built in sustain. Not to mention, you guys really did some fancy stuff for AP carries, but the AD side really didn't get any items i'd find impressive enough to use in ranked. Only items that i would consider in dominion or something totally worthless where elo isn't at stake.