@Dear Designers-Why our Tiger/Turtle/Bear/Phoenix friend aka Udyr dont have skin ?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gryphon48

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is correct. One Udyr skin takes the time of 4 non-Udyr skins, so it's hard to say "what 4 champions don't get skins to give Udyr one?"

It doesn't mean we're not going to do one, but Udyr will likely get less skin support based on this fact. It does mean we need to make sure the next one's amazing.
Hey Morello, do you know any of news on a new Trundle skin? Yes Udyr only has two, but at least they are decent. Trundle has one mediocre skin and one that is cr*p (literally).
If anyone in the entire League deserves a new skin, it is Trundle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kagami

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar2k7 View Post
Why has Soraka not gotten a new skin even though one was supposed to come out with her visual rework?
Ironstylus show somewhat he had made for Soraka's skin, but he felt it just didn't come out well enough (and most of the people agreed it didn't really feel like Soraka still), and thus was scrapped in favor of making something from scratch.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Morphine

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Oh. Then yes, it's going to be amaze-balls.
Can't wait! Played him a ton on the PBE, he's awesome in S3.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IronStylus

Sr. Concept Artist

12-06-2012
3 of 3 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kagami View Post
Ironstylus show somewhat he had made for Soraka's skin, but he felt it just didn't come out well enough (and most of the people agreed it didn't really feel like Soraka still), and thus was scrapped in favor of making something from scratch.
Yeah, I designed that skin and it simply wasn't up to snuff when we got into it's model nitty-gritty.

Also, yeah, Udyr. Man is that a lot of models..


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Eleshakai

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Because really... primal Udyr is the perfect representation of everything Udyr is. How could they possibly find another skin for him?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Retsopmi

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is correct. One Udyr skin takes the time of 4 non-Udyr skins, so it's hard to say "what 4 champions don't get skins to give Udyr one?"

It doesn't mean we're not going to do one, but Udyr will likely get less skin support based on this fact. It does mean we need to make sure the next one's amazing.
Then how about you guys actually make a legendary for him that is a worthwhile skin.

This way people will feel like he has a skin that is worth it. I have Primal and honestly I would refund it if the account went back that far.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dryad Soraka

Senior Member

12-06-2012

More importantly, what about Soraka?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barbarian Bill

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
This is correct. One Udyr skin takes the time of 4 non-Udyr skins, so it's hard to say "what 4 champions don't get skins to give Udyr one?"

It doesn't mean we're not going to do one, but Udyr will likely get less skin support based on this fact. It does mean we need to make sure the next one's amazing.
What can you say about the Evolving Kha'zix skin? Did you have to give up 4 skins to create because he had 4 evolution forms?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scodo

Senior Member

12-06-2012

Spirit Summoner Udyr?

*Wink Wink*


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vice City

Junior Member

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
It doesn't mean we're not going to do one, but Udyr will likely get less skin support based on this fact. It does mean we need to make sure the next one's amazing.

Wait so if a champion hasn't gotten a skin since release, does this mean his next one will be a legendary? WELL HOT DAMN TRUNDLE, AT LAST.