An over-talked topic i know, but what about adding a new elo mechanic?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

That1ItalianGuy

12-03-2012

So I am new to the game, and im sure by reading some other threads that someone will call my idea retarded or im just bad at the game but here it is:

Since the preseason 3 started i have played maybe 20 games or so (I havent checked) and won maybe a third of them. i know i have made mistakes in games but honestly almost all of them were landslides either way due to having someone who is on a completely different level of play then the rest. By this i mean, either someone is extreamly good and rocks everyone, or someone is EXTREAMLY bad and ruins the game. almost always the later.

I have done some game testing for Microsoft on some big titles recently for the xbox, and a majority of this testing was to make sure the hidden mechanic of placement was working properly. In other words, the game paired people with other people who had the same skill level as them. This was apart from any ranking a player could see in the game.

It seems that I have no control over how my elo turns out due to the fact that one man can riun it for the rest. If I do well, it usually makes little difference, i have to DOMINATE to win, otherwise its almost pure chance. Is there maybe a way to match people up other than only there elo? Like take there kdr and gold earned into concideration? I know that proves diffuclt with the wide range of roles, but there are VERY many stats in game. (ie healing done, damage dealt, turrets destroyed) It seems like it would be possible to balance them all into figuring out who is consitantly on a different skill level and not pair those who are obviously not at the same skill level with the rest.

Im sure my idea has flaws but what do you think?

Also on a side note, one game i had a player on my team who was absolutely intentionally feeding. He got ganked lvl 2 and gave up after one death. It was so frustrating because i was destoying that game and we would have won by a landslide had he not intentionally fed all game. I reported him, then the very next game he was on my team again....... we lost again. It doesnt make sense to me that you wouldnt automatically be banned from eachother when someone reports the other and they are not in a group. You should never be auto paired with someone you just reported imo.

MisterWolfe

12-03-2012

bump

MisterWolfe

12-03-2012

btw... WHY are you paired with people on your ignore list? One would think that if you have ignored someone, you DON'T WANT THEM ON YOUR TEAM AGAIN!!!

Am I right?

Please add that feature tot he matchmaking engine Riot, please!

Teemo please?