Tribunals bans are ridiculous

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kittylover111

Member

12-03-2012

So my friends account has been banned now and he showed me the e-mail for the things he got banned for and all I have to say is, is this a joke? If you can get banned for what he did then literally everyone should be banned every single game, there quite literally is not a summoner that should not be banned. There is trash talking every game, there is someone that plays bad every game, someone gets mad at their teammates every game. These things happen, its a game that you play for an hour so there is significant time that is invested in it, people are going to get emotional. There is an ignore feature for a reason, if you don't want to hear what someone is saying ignore them. If what they're saying is truly offensive (dropping n-bombs, any sort of discrimination [not trash talking/language]) THEN report them and the tribunal should punish them; but getting banned for talking trash because you're mad in a game that took an hour is just stupid and Riot should be ashamed for this behavior.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-03-2012

You can post the URL to your friend's reform card here. Until then you haven't given much to discuss.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Just because everyone does it doesn't mean that your friend should get away with it. Personally I'd have punished pretty much everyone in that game one.

Secondly, yes, everyone gets angry. However, not everyone has to rage in chat to make themselves feel better. A lot of us feel just fine screaming at our monitors. The fact that you (using the empirical you, not you personally) have to go out of your way to rage in chat to make yourself feel better means that you are making a point to denegrate people who may not deserve it.

Further, perception is reality. While your friend may have been joking in game two, clearly the enemy team didn't feel that it was a joke and it was poor sportsmanship from their point of view. It's something that will also get you punished in the real world. Flirting with a coworker from your point of view may be sexual harassment from theirs.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Exploding Barrel

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittylover111 View Post
Ah yeah, that really isn't too bad, I could have seen it going either way. The biggest advice I can give is to dial back on the trash talking while using spaces to evade the profanity censor; in game 2 he is pretty bad with that.

Hopefully he doesn't completely shrug off this punishment as wrong, because him having a case at all means that he gets reported at least 20x as much as the average player, so there are clearly areas for improvement even if the random games selected for his case are not egregious.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shominaminoto

Member

12-03-2012

He literally complained all game 1

oh and the highlight for game 2...

Quote:
Sion [All] [00:19:29] seriously you guys are a bunch of puss ies
Ziggs [All] [00:19:35] AHAHAHA
Sion [All] [00:19:36] 3v1 fight
Sion [All] [00:19:53] dont do this run around because you're scared little children bull shi t
Easy punish for sure.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Hobo Lord

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calys Teneb View Post
Just because everyone does it doesn't mean that your friend should get away with it. Personally I'd have punished pretty much everyone in that game one.

Secondly, yes, everyone gets angry. However, not everyone has to rage in chat to make themselves feel better. A lot of us feel just fine screaming at our monitors. The fact that you (using the empirical you, not you personally) have to go out of your way to rage in chat to make yourself feel better means that you are making a point to denegrate people who may not deserve it.

Further, perception is reality. While your friend may have been joking in game two, clearly the enemy team didn't feel that it was a joke and it was poor sportsmanship from their point of view. It's something that will also get you punished in the real world. Flirting with a coworker from your point of view may be sexual harassment from theirs.
Who the **** screams into their monitor


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Calys Teneb

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
Who the **** screams into their monitor
People who aren't banned for raging at their teammates.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
Who the **** screams into their monitor
I do when I get people that scream in chat. The difference is I don't type out my frustrations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lord Ferret

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hobo Lord View Post
Who the **** screams into their monitor
the smart ones who arnt banned.


12