Rune pages advice for a mid lane player

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GunzPro610

12-03-2012

Hey guys ...... I am lvl 17 right now , and I want to get started on my 2 rune pages for AP champs when I am lvl 20 ( will buy another one with IP later on for other roles) .
Right now , the two pages I am thinking of are:
Page 1: For my orianna, gragas, and going to buy karthus , cassio, brand etc
Flat AP quints
Scaling AP greens
Mpen reds
Mana regen blues (I think I got the colours mixed up)

Page 2: For my kennen, morde and going to buy vlad, akali , kata etc
Spell Vamp quints
Scaling AP greens
Mpen reds
Scaling health blues or mr blues ( i think i got the colours mixed up)

Any word on them?
Any help appreciated
GunzPro610

Grollm

12-03-2012

http://www.lolking.net/summoner/na/31580805#runes
These are my rune pages. Rune page 2 is for your classic mid laner, Ahri, Morgana, Veigar. Someone who needs mana regen, ap, and movement speed. Rune page 6 is for my Vlad, Kat, and Kennen. Some people like to do energy runes on Kennen, but I feel like it gimps his damage too much. And if you have any interest in playing Ryze my rune page 7 is for Ryze. Hope that helps.

GunzPro610

12-03-2012

Thanks ... I own Ryze , but dont play him too really much .This helps a lot

Shadogi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunzPro610 View Post
Page 1: For my orianna, gragas, and going to buy karthus , cassio, brand etc
Flat AP quints
Scaling AP greens
Mpen reds
Mana regen blues (I think I got the colours mixed up)

Page 2: For my kennen, morde and going to buy vlad, akali , kata etc
Spell Vamp quints
Scaling AP greens
Mpen reds
Scaling health blues or mr blues 0
Page 1: Unless you have serious mana problems, I would go with the AP scaling blues, not regen. Most of the time, mid will be getting the second and later blue buff so regen won't be much of a problem.

Page 2: Scaling health blues always seem like a waste to me. The amount of health they provide at 18 is nothing more than an auto attack or two. I much prefer scaling MR with 3-4 flat MR runes for early defense.

GunzPro610

12-03-2012

Hmm. Maybe that will be ok. With gragas i have no mana issues. With orianna i have a few issues but that is nullified with blue buff. For rune page 2 should i go flat ap or spell vamp quints?

JRiMi

12-03-2012

I'd just go AP over spellvamp. If u play a champ that utilizes spell vamp then revolver is normally good enough early and then wota or gunblade give plenty of SV. U might also consider some move speed quints at some point. Really helps Dodge skillshots

Grollm

12-03-2012

Spell vamp is really only useful on Morde. For most of my champs I like movement speed quints. That's more of a personal preference. I think the reason I like movement speed quints is because it allows me to delay building my tier 2 boots right away and I can build part of my first item and then go on to boots. It's up to you, if you have enough IP get both and try it out. Some champs you are going to want the speed on, some you are gonna want the AP on.