getting out of elo "hell"

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viscèrá

12-03-2012

Hello fellow summoners,

This is my first post on the competitive board and I just wanted to share my experience with everyone in early season 3. For starters, I just wanted to mention that I began playing LoL in late season 2 and did not actually begin playing ranked until the final few months of season 2 where I received a 1277 elo rating. So far I have noticed that the elo system is not "broken" but just very inconsistent during the early season when it is placing unranked summoners from different brackets all together to be sorted out. One thing that helps though, especially for me because I'm trying to climb out of the 900-1100 range, is trying to be positive and teach other summoners how to fix their mistakes. So far this approach works more often than not, and I hope that as the season progresses that I will attain the rating that I will have earned by learning from my mistakes as well as others. One final comment is that you should try to learn as much about champions and roles that you are weak in so that you hopefully will be able to lead a team in to victory instead of troll your way to defeat.

Thanks for your time,
A soon to be knowledgeable summoner!

Insanity601

12-03-2012

From my experience the only reason ELO Hell exists is because of trolls. I haven't played ranked myself yet but as I keep winning games you get more idc type of people which is dumb considering they are in a competitive environment.

Other than that, learn the champs and their kits and how the matchups work and you will be fine. A lot of minor details and skills will develop over time.

Dodo Torpedo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity601 View Post
From my experience the only reason ELO Hell exists is because of trolls. I haven't played ranked myself yet but as I keep winning games you get more idc type of people which is dumb considering they are in a competitive environment.

Other than that, learn the champs and their kits and how the matchups work and you will be fine. A lot of minor details and skills will develop over time.
It isn't because of trolls actually. Sure there are trolls and people constantly whine about bad players and whatnot but the reality of the situation is that "ELO Hell" only exists for those poor souls who haven't realized they themselves are horrible and in some cases worse than the ones they berate for doing poorly.

When you accept the fact that you yourself are bad and start paying attention to your own game instead of raging, you tend to do much better and supply yourself with a win.

On another note, for those low elo players that seem to think the game is over in mid game where all these teamfights somehow happen the game is far from over. If the enemy team gets kills then well, meh. They are wasting their time roaming the map looking for kills instead of gaining the precious gold they need by farming. Mid game teamfights and your KDR rarely decide the outcome of a game. Mechanics, gold and objectives do.

I have come back from a 20 kill deficit with 0 kills and 8 deaths before because rather than waste my time floundering in teamfights and just getting killed I was doubling and even tripling the cs of the enemy carry as Corki and by the time late game rolled around I was fully built while theirs was still on item 4. After that, with knowledge of Corki and simple mechanics, I turned my early feed into a victory with two quadra kills and the nexus.

B11gD0gg

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodo Torpedo View Post
When you accept the fact that you yourself are bad and start paying attention to your own game instead of raging, you tend to do much better and supply yourself with a win.

...They are wasting their time roaming the map looking for kills instead of gaining the precious gold they need by farming. Mid game teamfights and your KDR rarely decide the outcome of a game. Mechanics, gold and objectives do.

I have come back from a 20 kill deficit with 0 kills and 8 deaths before because rather than waste my time floundering in teamfights and just getting killed I was doubling and even tripling the cs of the enemy carry as Corki and by the time late game rolled around I was fully built while theirs was still on item 4. After that, with knowledge of Corki and simple mechanics, I turned my early feed into a victory with two quadra kills and the nexus.
I'll back that up all the way.