Want a Salary? A Team House? To be a Professional Gamer? So do we, and we're LF1 more

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Formats

12-03-2012

EDIT: Due to the increasing volume of interested players, our limited time for tryouts, and the need to make a decision soon, I will only be contacting Diamond and Platinum players for now. I will still be accepting all friend requests, but if you are below Platinum, I cannot promise a tryout. If you truly feel you deserve one, send me your pitch and I'll consider it. I appreciate everyone's patience. Thanks.

The Goal
It is our goal to stand on a stage in front of thousands of fans cheering our names, hoisting a trophy so high and proud that a chilling rush surges through our spines, knowing that hundreds of thousands are watching us from their computers at home as we live our dream. It is our goal to assemble a team of players willing to dedicate every breath in their body to success, without fear. To create a family of brothers working together to turn one dream into a reality.
It begins with qualifying for the Championship Series.

The Team
We are Calamity Gaming, currently consisting of 4 starting players and 1 sub. But we're incomplete without a core of 5 players to consistently practice with. We placed 2nd in the National ESL Season IV Open, tied for 9th in two IPL5 Qualifiers, and 11th in the IEM Guangzhou, China Qualifier. You should be able to tell a lot about us simply from our attitude in regards to our goal, but if you'd like to know more about the team or players specifically, please feel free to contact me in-game: CLTY Plasma.

Or take a quoted opinion about Calamity Gaming from a real pro:
"They are a hard working up and coming team! If you're looking for a team check them out"
- Cody 'Elementz' Sigfusson

The Requirements
- Players of all roles will be considered, with the following priority: Mid > Top > Support > Jungle > AD
- Minimum 17 years of age as of February 8, 2013
- Resident of North America
- Flexible availability for practice (30 hrs/week minimum)
- No ragers, no exceptions
- Very communicative with a mic and Mumble, or Skype alternatively
- Ability to either 1) shot call at a VERY high level or 2) follow calls from a designated caller without hesitation or dispute
- Capable of giving and taking critisism in a composed manner
- Open to the idea of living in a team house in the Los Angeles area in 2013
- A desire to put in the hard work with dedication and the proper direction and methodology necessary to succeed
- Not a dick (simply put) and not offended easily

- And lastly: Yes, there is no Elo rating requirement, but we are looking for a very high level of skill. We will be looking at your rating and past statistics as an initial gauge of skill to determine whether or not a tryout is worth the time.
The standard we're looking for is the skill of a typical platinum-level player at minimum. So if you have a Gold rating, you better be sure you can easily handle the typical 1800 player - otherwise you're wasting our time.

If you believe you pass those requirements and share our goal, then please contact me in-game by adding "CLTY Plasma". Thank you.

Insanity601

12-03-2012

When you see my profile you may be discouraged as I am not a level 30 yet, but believe me you will be shocked at the teamwork from someone whos ELO isn't even in existence yet.

TrueTerrorBeware

12-04-2012

I am very interested and excited about this opportunity! I have already sent you a friend request in-game and look forward to hearing back from you soon

Edit: Hey I'm not sure exactly why I was removed from your friend's list, I think it has something to do with some random person saying I broke your last rule when I don't even know them, but I sent you another friend request so we could at least sort out this misunderstanding.

zedekc

12-05-2012

whoever you pick for top lane, send them my way so i can break their confidence, and show you why you picked the wrong guy.

Nøteworthy

12-05-2012

This is a huge opportunity for some serious gamers like myself... sadly I can not say I'm a plat player. I just hope who ever gets this spot is very grateful and I hope you guys make it to the hall of fame.

Selcopa

12-05-2012

I play support with top elo of 1977, ill be adding in game shortly

Nøteworthy

12-05-2012

^ is a nice guy. speaks his mind w/o being offensive.

Insanity601

12-05-2012

TrueTerrorBeware, I'm a lvl 20 who has more odds then you just for the simple fact that you already broke the last rule.

Quickdrawn

12-05-2012

I'd be interested, I got 1900+ on 3 different accounts season 2. Will definitely want to practice with u guys so i can improve and become good.

TsunamiEX

12-06-2012

Friend request sent