Whats it going to take for NA to compete

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ubereemko

12-03-2012

With all the top asian/european teams who seem to be much further along with development. I think LoL can be a game where NA does well as far as strategy games go which are almost entirely dominated by Asians.

Larrythetapist

12-03-2012

if we can get a bigger fanbase in the U.S. and more popularity/ media acknowledgement as they do in Eurasia, then we can help make NA more competitive.

what it takes is more viewers like you who follow and discuss pro-scenes, watching streams without ad-block, and diligently follow events and actively supporting NA teams on the internet or IRL depending on whether you have the money/time.

Insanity601

12-03-2012

Awkward moment when your a big CLG EU Fan living in the US xD

But no, I always want NA to be more competitive and active on the pro scene. My goal is to get to 30 and rank like hell and develop a small brigade team into MLG.

It's sad that I live where intellect isn't respected enough to realize how difficult it actually is to play this game or any other game like (Starcraft 2). They still view it as pressing a button...

When in reality it's...

Lane, Pressure, Zoning, Jungle, Counter Jungle, Gank, Buff ReBuff spawn timing, Last Hitting, Stutter Step, Burst, Out ranging, focus fire, itemizing, teamwork, map control, map awareness, diving (correctly), sustaining, syncrohnizing skills, champs with skill shots landing them, terrain advantage, Neutral points like dragon and Baron nashoor.

and those are just the basics :P next up warding and playing your role in a team composition.

nwsm

12-03-2012

Buy the asians

nwsm

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanity601 View Post
Awkward moment when your a big CLG EU Fan living in the US xD

But no, I always want NA to be more competitive and active on the pro scene. My goal is to get to 30 and rank like hell and develop a small brigade team into MLG.

It's sad that I live where intellect isn't respected enough to realize how difficult it actually is to play this game or any other game like (Starcraft 2). They still view it as pressing a button...

When in reality it's...

Lane, Pressure, Zoning, Jungle, Counter Jungle, Gank, Buff ReBuff spawn timing, Last Hitting, Stutter Step, Burst, Out ranging, focus fire, itemizing, teamwork, map control, map awareness, diving (correctly), sustaining, syncrohnizing skills, champs with skill shots landing them, terrain advantage, Neutral points like dragon and Baron nashoor.

and those are just the basics :P next up warding and playing your role in a team composition.
>my goal is to get to level 30

Your argument is invalid.

Mjaxon

12-04-2012

Easy answer: Have tournament rules in place stating that only NA teams are allowed to finish in the top 3. NA teams have automatic bids to the finals.

garrotedGargoyle

12-04-2012

How to make NA competitive:

Change their attitude. That simple.

NA pro teams usually share this thing, where they have huge egos, don't get the optimal practice in because of said egos, slack hardcore, and are content with making money mainly off of streams. They don't play this game to win tournaments, because the real money is made when you average 13k viewers on twitch/own3d everyday.

Krowd

12-04-2012

They need to actually practice, NA teams are extremely egotistical from what I've seen.