Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I don't get it...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kryez

12-02-2012

Why does such a team-based, competitive game have no in-game voice chat feature? I don't see why this hasn't been implemented.

Are there any plans to implement this in the future? If so, when?

Countless times when I start poking, my team thinks that means we should fight the 4v5.
Countless times while my team is being chased I will turn around (if I am the closest the the enemy and I know they have more than 1 gap closer) and try to make sure they don't catch the rest of my team, and my team thinks they should try to help me.

The inability to communicate in solo queue without pausing to type (which is not optimal in any case, whether it be a team fight or just simply last hitting) is a major flaw.

I understand that not everyone has a mic, but they would still be able to hear their team talking and have an idea what to do.

TL;DR In such a fast-paced game as LoL, typing shouldn't be the only means of communication built into the game. Especially in ranked, where decisions you make could effect the outcome of the game, there needs to be a built-in voice feature.

garrotedGargoyle

12-04-2012

HoN has an in-built voice system.

I remember playing some HoN games, and every game that someone had a mic, they would rage over voice chat, and it always came off as nerd rage. Some of them had really thick, deep european accents, that i couldn't even make out what they were saying.

Even the ones who weren't raging, it felt really awkward to have that one anonymous guy just randomly, and very vaguely and softly say: "Go mid" 10 minutes into the game. it was like a whisper. I know that i should not judge something so general on such a small sample, but damn it was creepy. I thought I was gonna get raped from behind. Can you really take something like that seriously? I mean, I can totally imagine people using voice alterations and just trolling the hell out of their team with it for giggles. (No real harm done, and while it is extremely funny usually, it also usually distracts immensely from your match)

Also, Riot would need countermeasures to be able to call out, and ban people for abusing voice chat to rage.

Swooshter

12-05-2012

Quote:
Nills:

Also, Riot would need countermeasures to be able to call out, and ban people for abusing voice chat to rage.

This is why they dont. Think of how much data there would be if they recoreded every games voice chat. Trust me, as I work in a quality control job, and listening to 30-40 min recordings is not that easy. And that would just be one side for one game. Look at how many games you have in a season (I know I had over 500 last season). That is around 21 days worth of audio, and that is just for one player.

edit: I should add, that one way of doing it, is to add "audible" hotkeys in game. There are games that already use this, then it is just a matter of doing a quick key combo to announce something, ie:
V A M- Attack mid
V A B- Attack bot
V D M- Defend mid
etc etc

Jordans

12-06-2012

Ping Ping Ping Ping Ping Ping