Broken Solo Queue

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Allcapwn

12-02-2012

Why must I pay the penalty for players not understanding the meta? How to counter pick? Etc.

Just left a game because someone wanted to adc jax, and their response, "nah I'll be ok"

So I get to have a 30 minute wait time, because players don't understand the simple mechanics of this game.

Ramachese

12-03-2012

How many of these threads do we really need?

Meta is not set in concrete and there are viable alternatives that do work. The key if someone is breaking meta is to ask if he has already proven that his choice is viable and not just 'testing it out'.

You do not have to drop. That is your choice. You pay the penalty for your own decision.

Zlain

12-03-2012

Pay the penalty of a 30min wait because you decided to leave. Or pay the penalty of further reduced elo cause you decided to give him a chance. Rama is one of the never dodging do what he wants types i'm going to assume.

Shadogi

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allcapwn View Post
Just left a game because someone wanted to adc jax, and their response, "nah I'll be ok"

So I get to have a 30 minute wait time, because players don't understand the simple mechanics of this game.
I can only assume you are below 1000 ELO as that is pretty absurd. In that case, you just have to learn to carry and realize that you will get fewer games without trolls then with. Sometimes it's hard to realize since each game lasts so long, but trolls are shockingly rare despite the rage over them (FYI: I rage too, so we are in the same boat).

HEavenwaLL

12-03-2012

******* ******* everywhere. entered a solo queu where three people auto locked into their favorite adc.
I went 21-3-11 as anivia mid and we lost.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

12-03-2012

If I were forced into ADC role, I'd take Jax too. I'd also let my team know that I don't know how to play any ADC champions (which isn't entirely true, I'd just be better playing Jax as ADC than any ADC champion), and if they forced me into the role, I'd take Jax.

Now, the thing about it is, yeah, Jax isn't a standard, ranged ADC. But he is a carry, and he will do just as much, if not more damage than other ADC. He has a good escape with his Q, and he's a heck of a lot tankier than any other ADC.

The question really is just how well can he deal with laning phase harass from the enemy's ranged ADC.

BUT... the 30 minute wait penalty is because Riot doesn't want you dodging simply because you don't like your team's composition. Riot would rather you work something out so that all 5 players are happy with the team's composition.