Riot; If I showed you that your Trynd remake was bad, would you change it?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HolyPikeman

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboys View Post
I just don't get how riot didn't realize how much they nerfed him. From passive nerf, to q CD and heal nerfs, removal of crit damage, w ad reduction nerf, e cooldown/dmg nerf, and ulti duration nerf (with the plus side being able to ulti while cc'd, but I'd still rather have longer duration). As said in the OP, they simply took away a whole lot of damage and synergy and expected him to be "remade with rage!." Back when you used to heal, you would lose AD and crit dmg, but still retain crit chance from your passive. Now when you heal, you already have no crit dmg and just lost ALL your passive crit. RIOT PLS UR PRESIDENT IS NAMED AFTER THE MOST HORRIFICALLY RUINED CHAMPS IN LOL HISTORY, PLEASE JUST BUFF HIM A LITTLE TO SHOW US YOU STILL CARE
^ lots of unneeded nerfs

Brohoof

12-02-2012

I really like that Ult change. I don't know enough about Trynd to comment on the rest.

BellaFlica

12-02-2012

in trynds current state i almost feel like aggressive exh/ignite support tryn with zekes/aegis is the most viable position for the poor guy. S3 will probably only decrease his viability with the additions to the defense tree, bringing a 3 dmg basic attack block and 10% reduced crit dmg, while offense loses lifesteal and gains some as after crits which sounds ok but is somewhat insignificant when u compare it to defense

BellaFlica

12-02-2012

bump

batchynator

12-02-2012

Buff a carry that is invincible for 5 seconds? Sounds like a great idea.

Norak

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by batchynator View Post
Buff a carry that is invincible for 5 seconds? Sounds like a great idea.
There are lots of nerfs in those changes two, specifically one that weakens his ulti. You didn't even read this, did you?

TFeast55555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-02-2012

I enjoy top lane. Tried to pick up Trynd a couple months ago. Was shocked at just how boring and difficult it was. You are on to something sir. Hopefully a red appears soon.

theDreamer

12-03-2012

Two questions: (I was never around for AP Trynd) 1) How did building Trynd AP work? He only has one offensive ability, and even in your ideal proposed change, it scales of AD, not AP. People complain about AP Master Yi, but at least Meditation is ridiculous with AP, and with his ult he can get resets like a boss.

2) The problem with the "should X ability deal magic or physical damage?" is there are so many variables. It makes thematic sense to be physical, because it's still just a sword. By making it physical, it means it benefits from Trynd's armor pen, which considering he's also an Auto Attacking monster, he gets double the use out of Armor Pen. The problem is, it means he only deals physical damage, and therefore is countered by armor, but would you rather be countered by armor until you build ArPen, or would you rather have spinning slash deal nearly no damage except to squishies, who kite you and you spend more time using the slash to get near them by passing through the tanks with the spin.

See the problem?

Norak

12-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by theDreamer View Post
Two questions: (I was never around for AP Trynd) 1) How did building Trynd AP work? He only has one offensive ability, and even in your ideal proposed change, it scales of AD, not AP. People complain about AP Master Yi, but at least Meditation is ridiculous with AP, and with his ult he can get resets like a boss.

2) The problem with the "should X ability deal magic or physical damage?" is there are so many variables. It makes thematic sense to be physical, because it's still just a sword. By making it physical, it means it benefits from Trynd's armor pen, which considering he's also an Auto Attacking monster, he gets double the use out of Armor Pen. The problem is, it means he only deals physical damage, and therefore is countered by armor, but would you rather be countered by armor until you build ArPen, or would you rather have spinning slash deal nearly no damage except to squishies, who kite you and you spend more time using the slash to get near them by passing through the tanks with the spin.

See the problem?
I have no problem answering your questions, you put them in a nice to read format and asked nicely. I don't know why, but you saying "see the problem?" at the end got under my skin. Must be a pet peve.

1. AP Trynd worked like so:
1:1 on E, short cooldown, decent damage. With a needlessly large rod he could 1-hit entire minion waves (excluding cannon minions). His Q has a 1.5:1 and was on an 8 second cooldown. He was early game dominant, won his lane and cs'd amazingly. He could gank pretty well because of the mobility, damage and AoE his E gave him, on top of his tower diving ability with Q and R.

Mid game he kept viable with a Lichbane, so his burst doubled, and he can 1-hit entire minion waves (including cannon minions this time, spin through all, hit cannon with lichbane). He could also push/Back/tank towers without minions very easily.

Lategame he would deathfire->Spin->Lichbane to 1-shot nearly anyone, then crit 2-3 times in a second, gaining him another spin+lichbane. He was strong at all points in the game and extremely fun. I'll post a screenshot for you:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9&d=1350465435

2) Believe me when I say it's much better to have split damage. Riven hates it enough that enemies can stack armor against her and make her deal no damage, if she doesn't win her lane heavily enough with her amazing kit then she just can't stop them from dominating her in lane through sheer armor stacking. Trynd doesn't have that early dominance, his early game is unreliable. Having his E be physical was a balance change which was a bad idea, it has nothing to do with the fact that he uses his sword and spins. Otherwise Amumu's Q and E should be physical, because his Q he throws a bandage and his E he does a backflip and throws bandages everywhere. It's not about what makes sense; it's about what is best for balance.

Trynd's E should be physical for AP and AD Trynd's benefit. AD Trynd so his early game is better and less easily countered and AP Trynd so he can be played again as an AP carry who insights rage into his enemies rather than a troll champ who insights rage in his team mates.

Do you get me?

RelaxingBrownies

12-03-2012

It's funny that you call him fundamentally flawed then your changes are mostly number shifts.

Also I remember you, you just hate anything to do with Tryndamere cus they took away your ap tryn.