Is IP boost worth it?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Judas Priest

12-02-2012

Hello guys, I need some advice from more experienced players. I'm thinking about buying a 3 days IP boost. If I play a lot of hours everyday in these 3 days, how much IP more or less do you think this IP boost would add me as a bonus in the end?

xXLividFishXx

12-02-2012

IP boosts are worth it provided you do play a lot, I usually buy them with leftover RP that I have and get a 4800-6300 champion OR runes from it, in my opinion it is definitely worth it.

DoNtWaNaHeArIt

Recruiter

12-02-2012

most def worth it if u are trying to be versatile with runes/rune pages/champs.

Angry juju

12-02-2012

Depends on how much you play and how much you win.

Judas Priest

12-02-2012

Could you help me understanding how does IP boost formula work? Wiki says:

Duration boosts are active for a certain amount of time (for example, 1 day). Duration boosts double the base amount of IP received for any type of game win or lose, not counting other bonuses.

Wiki also says the "Base IP earnings" for Summoner's Rift is 18 for a win and 16 for a loss. So... does it mean a IP boost will only add me 18 IP per match I win and 16 IP per match I lose?

Judas Priest

12-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padre Judas View Post
Could you help me understanding how does IP boost formula work? Wiki says:

Duration boosts are active for a certain amount of time (for example, 1 day). Duration boosts double the base amount of IP received for any type of game win or lose, not counting other bonuses.

Wiki also says the "Base IP earnings" for Summoner's Rift is 18 for a win and 16 for a loss. So... does it mean a IP boost will only add me 18 IP per match I win and 16 IP per match I lose?
bump

Arctic Bro

12-02-2012

I spent quite a few on ip boosts and i'm quite satisfied
but you do have to play an afternoon or a few hours a day to make it worth it.... oh and 1st win of the day bonus before buying it to get like 500 ip in 1 win

Judas Priest

12-02-2012

Thanks!