Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

the new support (Nami) S3 masteries and stuff

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MrDeath28

12-02-2012

ok pepole ... I just cant understand it anymore ...
this new support is STUPIDLY overpowered it gives the adc or the team anything u could dream of .. a LOT of cc,a heal,a good poke,her slow with an incitor is ****in stupid like really?
about the new masteries its now more "cool"
but the defensive ones 21 matery is just so bad ... nobody wasted 3 points on it on s2 because the cdr was a lot better can you please replace it with the cdr one ?
and now I know a lot of pepole well say that she already got a lot of nerfs but .. she is just 2 op .. irelia has a free tincaity... her deadly EW combo will **** u in less then 5 sec .. I saw a lot of irelia players going balls deep with AS boots-TF-ionic spark-wits end-and other things ... just Imagine her with the new ionic spark where actully her W well scale with the passive .. GG

XxxKarma

12-05-2012

Quote:
MrDeath28:
ok pepole ... I just cant understand it anymore ...
this new support is STUPIDLY overpowered it gives the adc or the team anything u could dream of .. a LOT of cc,a heal,a good poke,her slow with an incitor is ****in stupid like really?
about the new masteries its now more "cool"
but the defensive ones 21 matery is just so bad ... nobody wasted 3 points on it on s2 because the cdr was a lot better can you please replace it with the cdr one ?
and now I know a lot of pepole well say that she already got a lot of nerfs but .. she is just 2 op .. irelia has a free tincaity... her deadly EW combo will **** u in less then 5 sec .. I saw a lot of irelia players going balls deep with AS boots-TF-ionic spark-wits end-and other things ... just Imagine her with the new ionic spark where actully her W well scale with the passive .. GG

to use your own words - STUPIDLY overpowered is hardly the case. As an ADC nothing she has scales off of AD so you do minimal damage. Her Heal would be barely useable as a few extra hp at the cost of a large portion of her mana pool, her stun is quite difficult to land if you have even tried it, though it is just timing and learning its not a point and click it takes timing and has a pretty long cooldown if missed, her slow is attached to magic damage on a limited 3 hit basis and her ult is actually pretty nice. She is Hardly OP anymore than say an instant True damage refreshable ult like Darius, an unmissable similarly long range high damage ult like cait that scales off of AD, a high damage aoe that scales off of ad like MF or any other ad's typical skills but they are pretty balanced for that purpose.

While she can Definately go AD significantly as well as AP or support this is no different than any other champ with the same potential.

As well as your new masteries idea its barely any different than it was before based on the scaling and conjunction with new items. to use my previous example, Darius was concidered OP because of the same thing i said earlier about his ult since its true damage that refreshes on kills. Everything has the potential to appear "OP" but its the player that makes the champ not the other way around. Every single champ has weaknesses and strengths as well as counters and hard counters. Irelia for example is weak against ranged champs and can be easily shut down by things that violate the tenacity concept i.e. jayce's hammer smash has a pushback that tenacity has no effect in blocking, orianna has the same thing as well as malphite etc... the list goes on. If you learn the champs your entire statement would seem silly.

Maybe you should do some real research before making a thread that postulates how little you pay attention.
GLHF

Truth Quark

12-05-2012

She isn't getting released anyway so what are you worried about?

Shadou

12-05-2012

Quote:
to use your own words - STUPIDLY overpowered is hardly the case. As an ADC nothing she has scales off of AD so you do minimal damage. Her Heal would be barely useable as a few extra hp at the cost of a large portion of her mana pool, her stun is quite difficult to land if you have even tried it, though it is just timing and learning its not a point and click it takes timing and has a pretty long cooldown if missed, her slow is attached to magic damage on a limited 3 hit basis and her ult is actually pretty nice. She is Hardly OP anymore than say an instant True damage refreshable ult like Darius, an unmissable similarly long range high damage ult like cait that scales off of AD, a high damage aoe that scales off of ad like MF or any other ad's typical skills but they are pretty balanced for that purpose.

While she can Definately go AD significantly as well as AP or support this is no different than any other champ with the same potential.

As well as your new masteries idea its barely any different than it was before based on the scaling and conjunction with new items. to use my previous example, Darius was concidered OP because of the same thing i said earlier about his ult since its true damage that refreshes on kills. Everything has the potential to appear "OP" but its the player that makes the champ not the other way around. Every single champ has weaknesses and strengths as well as counters and hard counters. Irelia for example is weak against ranged champs and can be easily shut down by things that violate the tenacity concept i.e. jayce's hammer smash has a pushback that tenacity has no effect in blocking, orianna has the same thing as well as malphite etc... the list goes on. If you learn the champs your entire statement would seem silly.

Maybe you should do some real research before making a thread that postulates how little you pay attention.
GLHF

OP meant nami provides the best support an adc would love to have not nami be adc unless i'm reading what your saying wrong.

Anyways OP nami does have lots of cc but so does leona so does janna so does nunu and even zyra who everyone plays her as a support now, your calling out a support for being uh...support....I only played nami in at least 2 actual games on pbe since pbe is annoying to deal it even then you can't judge her in these games since ppl never take it seriously, troll, or are playing to test.

I main support from what I learn of nami yes she has tons of cc but they are not easy to land except for her buff to give to ur adc. her heal is awesome never played her after the nerf patches so idk how it is now but I know it ain't OP and it can only hit 1 enemy if u heal allies or heal 1 ally if you use it on a enemy. Her bubble has a small range along with a small radius to land with a pretty big cd if your enemy is smart they will make you regret using that bubble if you miss because after that you are vulnerable. her ult is huge very huge BUT, it is very very very slow moving so easy to dodge if your far only good at close range or if you happen to be in the fog of war. her passive is pretty cool but 1.20 is it? ms is hardly noticable and if used on urself her skills kinda make you feel slower idk if that was fixed.

Nami a very well made support with weakness and power and I just can't wait to have her I'm used to tanky supports but after trying out nami she will be my newest first squishy support and the utility mastery is what every support needed it's useful and the defense tree is what a defense tree needed its perfect.

Please don't judge anything til nami even comes out give her a few weeks so everyone can adjust to her and S3 then you can judge if there's a very obvious reason as to why her and everything else is OP. Sorry for wall of text!

Ervex

12-07-2012

Coming from what people are saying her on Q, I'm guessing her Q projectile speed is like Heimer's grenade right? But still, it's bad to impliment your opinion of what's OP onto a support or even onto any champion w/o knowing their kit and how you use your masteries. Your masteries should be used to enforce your play style upon the champion to make yourself OP, not the champion.